Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 10:20 PM

2 posts, read 14,397 times

Advertisements

Hello, everyone. This is my first time on here and I only signed up because it seemed like a good place to get my questions answered. Anyway, I am 19 years old and I live in Manhattan and I was wondering if anyone knows a cell phone plan for less than $50 a month? Preferably $10-$35?? I was paying $53 a month with Metro PCS and it's honestly way too expensive for me. I just want a simple phone with a simple plan. I don't need text and mobile web, just a means of calling for work or emergencies. Doesn't matter if it's prepaid or not. Any help would be great. Thank you! ^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,262,134 times
You can get Verizon Prepaid for the cost of a phone and $100/year. If you purchase quarterly, it works out to $10/month with $30 refill cards, so $120/year. You can purchase phones from Verizon directly or from retailers such as Best Buy. I believe that it is similar to the TracPhone, though Verizon's network tends to be more reliable.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 03-24-2013, 01:38 AM

33 posts, read 188,359 times
Metro pcs still have the 25.00 phone service. You can only get it at local stores not online.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 AM

2 posts, read 14,397 times
to nycur: yes, i actually asked them about their cheapest plan when i went to metro pcs but they were telling me that i'd have to pay $48 dollars to put my phone back on. so my question is, do you know if they charge you to switch over to a different plan?

Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM

25,341 posts, read 36,853,897 times
TracPhone and Net10 used to even give you phones for free and as the one name impled, charged $.10 per minute.
I almost bought but have decided to stay land-line-locked for the near future.
When I'm out I don't want phone calls nor do I want to make them.
I waste too much time on the phone as it is.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:19 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,551,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unie19 View Post
Hello, everyone. This is my first time on here and I only signed up because it seemed like a good place to get my questions answered. Anyway, I am 19 years old and I live in Manhattan and I was wondering if anyone knows a cell phone plan for less than $50 a month? Preferably $10-$35?? I was paying $53 a month with Metro PCS and it's honestly way too expensive for me. I just want a simple phone with a simple plan. I don't need text and mobile web, just a means of calling for work or emergencies. Doesn't matter if it's prepaid or not. Any help would be great. Thank you! ^^
get a prepaid phone....pay per call

although get iphone 4 for free and pay $40 month if you dont want 3G
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City