Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 04:40 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,481,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
I BTW on 238th street they are housing or about to begin housing for a mens homeless shelter. .

Yes a few blocks from Woodlawn, so I suggest that all who live there immediately sell their homes and flee to Montana.

On Nereid east of WPR all the homes are owner occupied and so there is little possibility of that happening.

Not to say that there arent muggings but you do know that the best area to mug people is where they might actually have something to steal. How do you know that the muggers came from Nereid Ave? There was a muredr a few blacks south a few years ago and the killer came from Bronxwood, looking for people to rob and he encountered an IT guy.

BTW Spellman is no where near Nereid. Its right by Edenwald NYCHA projects. I live right near to Mount St Michael and its 100% IMPOSSIBLE that those who mugged those boys live din the well kept homes near by. If people from Mount Vernon us eto lie in wait for these boys then blame the police. What they did NOT do is mug them and then run into a nearby building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 04:42 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,677,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Yes a few blocks from Woodlawn, so I suggest that all who live there immediately sell their homes and flee to Montana.

On Nereid east of WPR all the homes are owner occupied and so there is littel possibility of that happening.

Not to say that there arent muggings but you do know that the best area to mug people is where they might actually have something to steal. How do you know that the muggers came from Nereid Ave? There was a muredr a few blacks south a few years ago and the killer came from Bronxwood, looking for people to rob and he encountered an IT guy.
Are you a butcher? You are doing a fine job on the English language. Enjoy the weekend.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM

Quote:

On Nereid east of WPR all the homes are owner occupied and so there is little possibility of that happening.

BTW Spellman is no where near Nereid. Its right by Edenwald NYCHA projects. I live right near to Mount St Michael and its 100% IMPOSSIBLE that those who mugged those boys live din the well kept homes near by. If people from Mount Vernon us eto lie in wait for these boys then blame the police. What they did NOT do is mug them and then run into a nearby building.
I know where Spellman is. I also know where the Mount is. Hey maybe I attended one of these schools. As usual if I say from a firsthand experience that kids from both schools were victims of crime from skells from Wakefield, I'm a "Racist". Right, I understand. Also easy for you to laugh off your neighbors who worked hard to scrape up 20% to make the biggest purchase of their lives. Their home and have a 500 man homeless shelter be put next door. How long have you lived in Wakefield? If I'm a liar go to the next CB meeting and ask Father Gorman yourself.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,891,215 times
Quote:
I know where Spellman is. I also know where the Mount is. Hey maybe I attended one of these schools. As usual if I say from a firsthand experience that kids from both schools were victims of crime from skells from Wakefield, I'm a "Racist". Right, I understand. Also easy for you to laugh off your neighbors who worked hard to scrape up 20% to make the biggest purchase of their lives. Their home and have a 500 man homeless shelter be put next door. How long have you lived in Wakefield? If I'm a liar go to the next CB meeting and ask Father Gorman yourself.
I heard about that.
It is unfortunate for precisely those people you mention.
I would like them to build the shelter on Sullivan Street.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I heard about that.
It is unfortunate for precisely those people you mention.
I would like them to build the shelter on Sullivan Street.
For the record the shelter was built in Wakefield a overwhelming Black neighborhood. Here we have caribny laugh about it because he's few blocks further East. That's a nice attitude to have.

Last edited by Norwood Boy; 04-12-2013 at 07:15 PM..

Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,849,364 times
Quote:
241st street and WPR is a whole different world and most of the folks who gather there do not live there.

Put on your hood and go scream with your fellow KKK lunatics.

Nereid Ave, from Barnes Ave onwards are mainly owner occupied homes, which means that they check their tenants out, as no one who owns a home will want to exposure themselves, their families or their property to the criminal element.

Funny thing is I do not feel safe in Norwood as there are way too many huge tenant buildings, which means a much higher probability of all kinds of renters being around. The hardworking and the other group.
All I see at 241 and WPR is a bunch of taxi cab drivers, offering to drive people wherever. Big deal. Wakefield is nice.

Old 04-13-2013, 02:10 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,098,790 times
Quote:
Not at all. What was the question posed by the original OP seems like 10 years ago? I cannot subtract section 8 housing or certain blocks to make ones argument stronger. Reread the original op's question before calling someone a bigot. Caribny, the problem in today's society is everything is political correct run amok. Guess what? I'm not running for political office so I'm gonna say what I want. If the shoe fits so be it. Before you go on one of your rants head into the 103 and 113 pcts and attend a community board meeting.

The original OP talks about neighborhoods, not precincts. The last I checked, most precincts include multiple neighborhoods. If you want to ignore the idea that crime can vary within the neighborhood itself, you have to at least accept that there can be both safe and dangerous neighborhoods within the precinct.

Besides, what about the 105th precinct? That includes Cambria Heights, Rosedale, etc. A very large portion of it is black neighborhoods, and it's safe, so even basing your argument off precincts doesn't work anymore. How about the 69th precinct in Brooklyn (Canarsie)? What about precincts that include black neighborhoods, but the precinct itself is mostly white and the crime rate is low (for instance, the 63rd in Brooklyn, which includes Marine Park, Mill Basin, and Bergen Beach, but it also includes Flatlands, which is just as safe)?

Keep saying "what you want" because you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post

The original OP talks about neighborhoods, not precincts. The last I checked, most precincts include multiple neighborhoods. If you want to ignore the idea that crime can vary within the neighborhood itself, you have to at least accept that there can be both safe and dangerous neighborhoods within the precinct.

Besides, what about the 105th precinct? That includes Cambria Heights, Rosedale, etc. A very large portion of it is black neighborhoods, and it's safe, so even basing your argument off precincts doesn't work anymore. How about the 69th precinct in Brooklyn (Canarsie)? What about precincts that include black neighborhoods, but the precinct itself is mostly white and the crime rate is low (for instance, the 63rd in Brooklyn, which includes Marine Park, Mill Basin, and Bergen Beach, but it also includes Flatlands, which is just as safe)?

Keep saying "what you want" because you're only digging yourself into a deeper hole.
What hole? How's this Cambria Heights, rosedale, and Canarsie are safe alternatives to Whitestone, Bayside, and Bay Ridge. In the great words of Roberto Duran " No mas". I will say this that I agree that certain Pct's cover multiple areas. You use the 105Pct. That's the largest PCT in all 76 Pct's in the NYPD. Most Pct's don't come close to covering the area's that the 105 does. Let me pose this question to you? Bellerose and Floral Park are within the confines of the 105PCT? Where does most of the crime happen in the 105 Pct? Why not go to the pct and ask to look at the crime pin maps? Also you have to realize for instance 4-7 PCT in Wakefield? Where is most of the crime there? In Wakefield or Woodlawn? Start digging.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:35 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,098,790 times
Quote:
What hole? How's this Cambria Heights, rosedale, and Canarsie are safe alternatives to Whitestone, Bayside, and Bay Ridge. In the great words of Roberto Duran " No mas". I will say this that I agree that certain Pct's cover multiple areas. You use the 105Pct. That's the largest PCT in all 76 Pct's in the NYPD. Most Pct's don't come close to covering the area's that the 105 does. Let me pose this question to you? Bellerose and Floral Park are within the confines of the 105PCT? Where does most of the crime happen in the 105 Pct? Why not go to the pct and ask to look at the crime pin maps? Also you have to realize for instance 4-7 PCT in Wakefield? Where is most of the crime there? In Wakefield or Woodlawn? Start digging.
Where does most of the crime happen in the 105th precinct? Simple. It's a low amount of crime spread fairly evenly throughout the precinct.

I doubt that the 105th is the largest. Off the top of my head, the 3 SI precincts are larger, but I digress.

And thank you for proving my point. Where does most of the crime in the 47th occur? In the housing projects, and certain parts around White Plains Road. Not every single portion of the precinct where black people live.

Old 04-14-2013, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Where does most of the crime happen in the 105th precinct? Simple. It's a low amount of crime spread fairly evenly throughout the precinct.

I doubt that the 105th is the largest. Off the top of my head, the 3 SI precincts are larger, but I digress.

And thank you for proving my point. Where does most of the crime in the 47th occur? In the housing projects, and certain parts around White Plains Road. Not every single portion of the precinct where black people live.
Dont't take my word for it? Go to a CB meeting and speak with Father Gorman about Wakefield. Your wrong saying all the crime occurs in Edenwald. 105Pct is 100% the largest of all NYPD PCTS. Your wrong again to say crime occurs evenly throughout. By far and not even close most crime occurs in the western and south western parts of the PCT. Let's use your argument 5-0 PCT? This covers Riverdale and down the hill. Where does most of the crime occur in the 5-0 Pct? Evenly amongst Fieldston and Marble Hill and Bailey Ave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City