Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2013, 07:24 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,885,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
To the extent shootings do occur in the city, its mostly organized crime (you have participants of all races) People don't just come up to perfect strangers and shoot them.

Harlem and Norwood Girl are trying to cover up their sissy boy cowardice. Does mommy let you girls outside alone? Ooh, its so scary out there.
Moreover, if there is any moderation going on, I am deeply offended by this poster's derogatory marshaling of "female" as a kind of weakness, stupidity, or lack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,831,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Moreover, if there is any moderation going on, I am deeply offended by this poster's derogatory marshaling of "female" as a kind of weakness, stupidity, or lack.
If there was any moderation going on, you and certain others mentioning alleged racial statistics never should have been permitted, because the OP was only talking about which neighborhoods were Black and not poor. So back to you, if you can't take the heat don't jump in the frying pan, LOL.

And notice I did say that there were white and asian women who had the balls to do just well in places like Bedstuy. I said you and one other were acting like utter COWARDS who lacked manhood. At no point did I say all females were weak. But I did imply a couple of posters were weak older, senile women. And like a coward you have to call for moderation, yet you want to be free to post offensive stuff they had nothing to do with the OP.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Mommy, mommy, my feelings were hurt by the bad little boy. I'm crying!

Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM

675 posts, read 1,251,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Unfortunately, Dennis Brown I cannot think of one black area in the city where crime isnt prevalent. I will list NYPD Pct's where most of the residents are black. In the Bronx 47 which covers Wakefield. The 28 and 32 which cover central Harlem. The 73 and 75 in Brooklyn which cover East NY and Brownsville. THe 113 and 103 which cover Jamaica, Cambria Heights and Springfield Gardens and Laurelton. The 120 which covers Stapleton in SI. I'm everyone can come up with reasons why crime happens in these areas but there is no denying that those are very busy pcts. I also forgot the 67 which covers East Flatbush.
The entire South East region of Queens besides perhaps a couple of sketchy blocks in South Jamaica is considered safe according to anybody standards and we make more money per household out here than our white counterparts in the borough. Have you ever lived out here or spend any significant time out here or are you just another idiot racist troll? Nobody considers neighborhoods like Cambria Heights, Rosedale, St Albans, Hollis, Laurelton, Springfield Gardens, Brookville and Queens Village to be "dangerous" so quit it

Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,675,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Brown View Post
The entire South East region of Queens besides perhaps a couple of sketchy blocks in South Jamaica is considered safe according to anybody standards and we make more money per household out here than our white counterparts in the borough. Have you ever lived out here or spend any significant time out here or are you just another idiot racist troll? Nobody considers neighborhoods like Cambria Heights, Rosedale, St Albans, Hollis, Laurelton, Springfield Gardens, Brookville and Queens Village to be "dangerous" so quit it
Denis, Why the name calling? I put forth 2 NYPD pcts that cover a majority Black areas. The 103 and the 113. Please feel free to compare them and see if they are safe. I actually was in Rosedale 2 weeks ago. I was actually on Brookville Blvd and Francis lewis.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You fled to Putnam like a punk/wimp. I can deal with NYC just fine. Your lack of manhood amazes me. Real men don't get pushed out of where they grow up.
You were owned and now you are just resorting to childish name calling. That's what happens when you run out of factual info. For the record I do not live in Putnam county. Very nice but too country for me.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
You were owned and now you are just resorting to childish name calling. That's what happens when you run out of factual info. For the record I do not live in Putnam county. Very nice but too country for me.
You claimed earlier that you lived in Putnam County. What, they drove you out of town? LOL.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
And this is exactly what I'm talking about with them skewing the atsts.

Out of wedlock means that the child was born while the parents weren't married. If two people were in a relationship, and started having sex a year before they got married, and the child came out 9 months later (3 months before the wedding), that child was technically born out of wedlock. There are plenty of people who are in a relationship 3-5 years before they get married, and in the meantime, they might have 1 or 2 kids.

A child born out of wedlock doesn't necessarily have to grow up without a father. (And for that matter, what about people who have their kids while they're married, but they get divorced? )

When you figure out crime rates, you do it by neighborhood, not by precinct. I guarantee you that if you factored Jamaica & South Jamaica out of the 103 & 113th precinct, you'd come up with a much lower crime rate. And doesn't the 47th precinct cover the Edenwald PJs (and I think Boston-Secor, and some third one I can't recall right now)? Don't you think that impacts the crime rate? Factor those out, and see how much the crime rate drops. There are a few other pockets where crime is higher than average (For instance, some areas by White Plains Road). Factor those out and watch the crime rate drop further.

And you clearly know nothing about Staten Island. The 120th precinct isn't a high-crime precinct (compared to the rest of the city. It's the highest-crime precinct in SI, but there's only 3 precincts out here), nor is it even close to being predominantly black, so why bother mentioning it? Yeah, it includes Stapleton. So what? (Stapleton isn't even majority black anymore. Hispanics moving into the area pushed the black population under 50%). There are plenty of neighborhoods within the precinct that aren't black neighborhoods (they're more diverse, some with Hispanic pluralities), and a decent amount are even white neighborhoods (75+% white).

23% of the city's population is black. That means about 11-12% are black males.
Wait, now I have to deduct PJ's that have a majority of black residents out of the crime stats? Secondly, 120 is the worst one out of the 3. 122 and 123. 120 has the bulk of the black residents of Richmond County? Your own deduction said that the 120 is the busiest of the 3 on SI and also the most blacks?????

Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
You claimed earlier that you lived in Putnam County. What, they drove you out of town? LOL.
Find the post where I stated that? your a complete fool and a child. Let the grownups have a discussion and post when your nuts drop.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Factual information? Dude, what drug are you doing? You ignored factual information from a number of posters that didn't agree with what you want to say, All Blacks are Criminals.

What were you doing in Rosedale, btw, if the area is so unsafe? Getting on your knees for some crack? Oh, and you came out in one piece, so it apparently wasn't that dangerous. You wouldn't have even gone if you thought it was that bad.

You're a deranged liar who needs a mental hospital. Don't worry, medicare will pay for it (I know you're going senile).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City