Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 03:26 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,927,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I haven't a clue, as I implied, and don't much care.

You got it wrong again, I assumed Hispanics would more rather live with Hispanics than would non-Hispanics. As to your "why" it just is an a priori.

Good for you, than I assume you are rushing to take this apartment at 117th and Lex?

Letting a person know the demographics of an area is INFORMATION. That is what I presented.
What YOU presented was annoying noise with hints of racism.
We are all free to disseminate information...some of us do it better than others.

Just don't respond to certain people, too much craziness in that direction.
And it appears to be building.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 04:12 PM

340 posts, read 1,185,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I live in the North Bronx, and my lease is not up until Nov. But I would have no problem taking that apartment at 117th, if it was available at a price I liked and depending on how I liked the building. I had no problem with an apartment for two years at 100th and Lex.

You really need to knock of the racist assumptions. And you know what they say about ASSUMPTIONS, when You assume you make an ass of yourself.
100+Lex is alot different than 117+Lex Hipster.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:48 PM

912 posts, read 2,099,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
117th and Lex is full of gangs drugs and guns. I'll pass

Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYcRaCk View Post
There are people who would say the same things about 100 and Lex as they would 117th and Lex. Neither is bad.

Drug arrests in an area shouldn't concern you unless you are hanging out doing drugs. Drugs are in every neighborhood, btw. There were drug arrests at Cornell (I went there). While I was at Cornell, one student/drug dealer got arrested and had $140,000 worth of heroin in her room. You hear similar stories from Columbia, NYU, and other universities.

There is no place you can live or move to that can't have big drug busts. I knew a doctor in LA who lost his practice because the doctors there were heavily involved in narcotics.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,063,795 times
Quote:
There are people who would say the same things about 100 and Lex as they would 117th and Lex. Neither is bad.

Perhaps there WOULD be...there are people who say lots of silly things.
But anyone implying that there is not a vast difference between 100th and 117th and Lex would be quite wrong.
Have you ever BEEN to 117th and Lex or are you just honing your typing skills?

I have walked by BOTH in the last week (I walk a lot) and the difference is like night and day.

So then walk to 117th and Lex and tell us what you see.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:21 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,965,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Perhaps there WOULD be...there are people who say lots of silly things.
But anyone implying that there is not a vast difference between 100th and 117th and Lex would be quite wrong.
Have you ever BEEN to 117th and Lex or are you just honing your typing skills?

I have walked by BOTH in the last week (I walk a lot) and the difference is like night and day.

So then walk to 117th and Lex and tell us what you see.
I have been there plenty of times. The area is okay.

Also, I remember the contrarian theory they spoke of when I worked in banking for three years. The contrarian theory states that the average person is dumb, so basically take a stance opposite what the average person states and you'll be fine.

Neighborhoods in transition like Spanish Harlem, Harlem, Bedstuy, the Bronx, as either renter or investor, you want to get in there before they become extremely popular. While people like you are still claiming these areas are bad, they are AFFORDABLE . By the time people like you say an area is nice and SAFE, its massively expensive. Those who bought in Harlem in the 90s made out well, or who got decent rent stabilized apartments in Harlem at that time got rents locked in at a lower rate. All while people were dissing Harlem.

Take the Lower East Side. I remember when that area was considered pretty rough. But those who bought property then or even rented got great deals, and now that the area is trendy, its extremely expensive to get a new place there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City