Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:32 PM

275 posts, read 572,152 times

Advertisements

@Maggie I don't know why. But whenever I've called DCAS automated number the secretary exam #3040 is still not 'outstanding certification', which I assume means sending out interview pool notices. I've been offered employment by an agency off of the clerical associate list 3016 and will begin processing next week.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2014, 08:07 PM

18 posts, read 57,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymerlot View Post
@Maggie I don't know why. But whenever I've called DCAS automated number the secretary exam #3040 is still not 'outstanding certification', which I assume means sending out interview pool notices. I've been offered employment by an agency off of the clerical associate list 3016 and will begin processing next week.
What I've picked up is that "outstanding certification" means they will be calling people soon. If you're one of the very first people on the list and it states that you're currently on an outstanding certification that means they have yet to send out the letters of interview. I too check with DCAS often and it always states that I'm on an outstanding certification...ugh!

good for you! You go girl! I'm very happy to hear you will begin processing next week and I'm very sure they'll pay you well, too. Keep us updated, let us know how things go and I wish you the best at your new position.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:34 PM

79 posts, read 201,273 times
@newyorker1991 yeah I hope so too, goodluck to you! even though I don't know if it will pay more than the job I just got. It says the salary for clerk/secretary is 25k or close and my job now pays 33k. Is this a rough estimate of the salary or is it set? You would think working for the city would pay more than that.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 AM

25 posts, read 131,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxmerci View Post
@newyorker1991 yeah I hope so too, goodluck to you! even though I don't know if it will pay more than the job I just got. It says the salary for clerk/secretary is 25k or close and my job now pays 33k. Is this a rough estimate of the salary or is it set? You would think working for the city would pay more than that.
The salary is ridiculous.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:10 AM

275 posts, read 572,152 times
25k is level 1, luckily I got a level 4.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM

25K is still good for an entry level position and if you've worked in secretarial for a while and can type fast and well you can show your experience and get a higher level position or work you way up. Either way, it's a blessing. Any new news from anyone what is being hired or going through the process? Let us in the know, how was the process and what to expect. It's just great to get any sort of news.

Old 03-06-2014, 01:31 PM

8 posts, read 21,021 times
Hi I just got my list number this week for 3017. Just wondering what's next? The hiring pool?

Old 03-07-2014, 04:26 AM

25 posts, read 131,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymerlot View Post
25k is level 1, luckily I got a level 4.
Wow, congrats.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:26 AM

any new news about other's getting hired? please let us know your exam number i.e. 3040, 3017, 3016 so we can know what exam is being called currently for interviews.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:47 AM

5 posts, read 18,084 times
@bronxmerci I have two family members working the same position one in lincoln and one in jacobi. The one in Jacobi did the exam last time it was administered and got called 3 yrs later starting pay 33k (about 3 yrs ago) the one in lincoln got it through a temp agency made an hourly of 14 starting no benefits. (about a yr ago) Now the one in jacobi is just under the 40k mark full benefits and has been promoted 3 times since starting position. The one in lincoln now receives full benefits and makes what the other did starting. It is to my knowledge that you get "mandated" to work every other weekend NO EXCEPTIONS! but the overtime pay (time and half) is worth it! You will make more with the city ultimately and the benefits for yourself and spouse/children if you have are exceptional! Id say go for the city job. Hope I'll be seeing you on tuesday!!! GOOD LUCK!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City