Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:48 AM

25 posts, read 76,732 times

Advertisements

[=checkmatechamp13;29126646]Alright, cool.

In any case, I don't think it would meet his criteria as far as having a lot of Italians, but we'll see what he says.[/quote]

Hey. Thanks for all that great information. So what area on the North Shore would you recommend with what we stated we wanted? Thanks for letting me know about those 2 areas NORWOOD suggested. Yeah he was probably trying to break my balls since I dont know the area well. Not cool. You are right that would not work and are not looking for an area like that. You seem to understand. Thanks again bud and let me know :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 10:54 AM

I checked out rosedale on google maps and definitely dont like the way that area looks.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:01 AM

Is there a big difference between Old and New Howard Beach as far as people (culture). Are there more rentals on one side or the other? What are the differences besides older and new homes? Schools? Shopping? Transportation? Thanks

Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,681,184 times
Jason, Why not drive over to Cross bay Blvd and check it out. Go by the schools and see the students? Go to the supermarket and see who's shopping? Take a ride on the A train into the City? How the commute is? In all honesty your not really goona take the word of anonymous posters are you? How could you discount Rosedale from google map? Go check out Rosedale, Cambria Heights and Laurelton. You have many posters here saying these are great areas. Have to do a little foot work. Good Luck.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,376,161 times
i guess it won't matter if italianos
look at you funny then, so go ahead.

good luck with that.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Jason, Why not drive over to Cross bay Blvd and check it out. Go by the schools and see the students? Go to the supermarket and see who's shopping? Take a ride on the A train into the City? How the commute is? In all honesty your not really goona take the word of anonymous posters are you? How could you discount Rosedale from google map? Go check out Rosedale, Cambria Heights and Laurelton. You have many posters here saying these are great areas. Have to do a little foot work. Good Luck.
You are right and of course I would check everything out before the move. Im not looking for a majority black area. Sorry. I understand about google maps but that can give a certain amount of how an area looks. I just did not like it. Thank you for your help anyways.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
i guess it won't matter if italianos
look at you funny then, so go ahead.

good luck with that.
Huh? What do you mean I wont mind Italians looking at me funny??? Of course I would mind if everyone was looking at us crazy but not a few ppl here and there. I get that here sometimes too. I just dont want overwhelmingly being looked at crazy. Please explain yourself. Thanks.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:46 PM

^ you made an issue out of black guys staring at you
so i made an issue out of italians doing the same. now
i see you don't like it either way, so you explained it
for me already lol. who cares if someone stares tho?
big deal, as long as they don't do anything or say
anything to provoke you, right?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ you made an issue out of black guys staring at you
so i made an issue out of italians doing the same. now
i see you don't like it either way, so you explained it
for me already lol. who cares if someone stares tho?
big deal, as long as they don't do anything or say
anything to provoke you, right?
Correct. I know its going to happen. Like I said it happens here sometimes. Thats why my main ? Was would it be racist in HB in my situation. What do you think?

Old 04-15-2013, 01:08 PM

^ I doubt it. I can't really call it tho.
some of those guys are crazy down
there. they really hate blacks, even
tho they try to act black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City