Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long have you lived in NYC?
1 YEAR OR LESS 2 3.77%
1 - 5 YEARS 5 9.43%
5 - 9 YEARS 2 3.77%
10+ YEARS. - I'm crazy 44 83.02%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 02:26 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,905,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLjustLOL View Post
That's the thing. I have a high paying job. I have plenty of money. I have a great girlfriend and am happy. NYC just is not exciting to me anymore. It once was.

I need new experiances. There are only so many times I can watch a pack of stomping children do back flips in the subway while chanting "donation! donation! donation!"

I highly doubt this.

If that was the case, you would be living a different lifestyle in a different environment that you currently live. Most likely, you're disappointed and complaining because you can't afford to live a sex and the city lifestyle. And that takes a lot of money, which IMO, you do not have.

People that plenty of money, are shielded from all of the nuisanses you mention.

In any case, you're more than welcome to go back to wherever you came from.
just don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 02:30 PM

43 posts, read 76,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I highly doubt this.

If that was the case, you would be living a different lifestyle in a different environment that you currently live.
People that plenty of money, are shielded from all of the nuisanses you mention.

In any case, you're more than welcome to go back to wherever you came from.
just don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I never said I was rich, but our HH income is >$500,000 per year and it is only my girlfriend and myself, no debt.

I'll try to avoid that door you mentioned.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:46 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,617,950 times
I wouldn't live in Charleston, S.C. if you paid me, but I'm not about to go start a thread calling people who do choose to live there crazy. I'm sure Charleston, S.C. is a perfect place to live for many people.

I wonder why only New York provokes these silly threads. There have been so many, and they are all the same.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:55 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,578,924 times
Quote:
I never said I was rich, but our HH income is >$500,000 per year and it is only my girlfriend and myself, no debt.

I'll try to avoid that door you mentioned.
You come off as extremely insecure. Hope you can use the same effort you're applying to this post in finding a happier place for you and your girlfriend... And yes, do watch out for that door. NY's not for everyone thankfully.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
You come off as extremely insecure. Hope you can use the same effort you're applying to this post in finding a happier place for you and your girlfriend... And yes, do watch out for that door. NY's not for everyone thankfully.
You MAD, little breh?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I wouldn't live in Charleston, S.C. if you paid me, but I'm not about to go start a thread calling people who do choose to live there crazy. I'm sure Charleston, S.C. is a perfect place to live for many people.

I wonder why only New York provokes these silly threads. There have been so many, and they are all the same.
Probably because NYC is highly overrated. People just don't find that out until they have lived here a few years.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:16 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,578,924 times
Quote:
You MAD, little breh?
Mad over what exactly? Your "success"? Again, hope you find happiness somewhere.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Mad over what exactly? Your "success"? Again, hope you find happiness somewhere.
You come off as mad.

Thanks, bro.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,617,950 times
I don't think you're making the impression you meant to.

Half-heartedly trolling internet forums is not really the pastime of winners.

Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I don't think you're making the impression you meant to.

Half-heartedly trolling internet forums is not really the pastime of winners.
That hurts, bro...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City