Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 07:13 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times

Advertisements

Good Luck, Tano.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 10:09 PM

9 posts, read 23,557 times
Kefir, thanks. Hopefully it won't be like 5 weeks ago when I went to dropped off paperworks( everybody went to the office and have thousands of folders.looks like its a lottery then like another lottery)

Old 09-24-2013, 06:54 PM

41 posts, read 208,910 times
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Congratulations Tano84,[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I ,like most others, was never called for this lottery.Wishing you the best, these lotteries are always an uphill battle. What sizeapt did you qualify for?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

Old 09-26-2013, 07:54 PM

Hi @keepingthefaith I did for a 2 bedroom apt. but still they're rechecking a few more things. Will post what will happen within the next 2 weeks. Thank you.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:01 AM

Hello anybody knows how can I break up a lease? I did a 2 year and been there 18 months already. Is there a way I can get my security deposit back?

Old 09-30-2013, 05:31 PM

41 posts, read 208,910 times
Getting your security back would be up to the landloard. You should carefully read over your lease and see if it states any penalties for leaving early. If it does not state any penalties for the tenant voulantarily leaving before the lease is over, you should be able to get your security granted threre is no damage to an apartment. From my experience just having open communication with your landlord might help. Let him know, you have the opprotunity to get an affordable apt, and its a once in a lifetme kind of thing. If he starts looking for a new tenant now, by nov 1st he should be able to find someone, and hopefully that would be around the time your new apt is ready.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,224 times
I have applied and I have my first interview coming up on the 15th. I havent really heard of any reviews so far about this lottery. If anyone has gone through the interviewing process can you tell me what to expect? Thx!

Old 10-23-2013, 07:16 PM

6 posts, read 12,974 times
Does anyone have an idea of how many at the Larstand (affordable apts) have been rented already? How many left? I know some people still getting letters requesting income etc.

Old 10-23-2013, 08:08 PM

6 posts, read 12,974 times
Good luck- anyone know how full they are?

Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 PM

29 posts, read 66,100 times
Default My friend got in

I have a friend who was approved for west 77th street. They were originally contacted back in late July and after a lot of document submission, interviews, home visit - they were approved. I think they will move in Nov or Dec. My friend said housing company was very thorough - I can confirm that because I helped my friend in getting the documents together (printing bank statements , getting pay stubs together, etc). We talked after her interviews/meetings/telephone calls because he was so anxious and nervous but excited. She said that when she went in to sign the paperwork- it looks like people were still bringing in documents or bing interviewed ... So the affordable apts probably not full yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City