Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:01 AM

2,228 posts, read 3,682,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
I hate when I see a single unit home on a lot you could provide more housing and maybe a first floor commercial establishment on. I prefer dense, walkable neighborhoods, which is why I live in NYC. Fortunately for me the policies here favor that type of development. The suburbs are an option for those seeking low density.

Tudors and homes of value generally don't get razed, it's typically the lower value homes on high value lots.

I do hate crappy development though, don't knock down a Tudor to build a Fedders.
Not every neighborhood in NYC need to be downtown Flushing. That's what makes NYC unique. You can have the brownstones in the West Village or well kept coop's on Park ave or 5th Ave. You have the big mansions in Todt Hill or Fieldston. Floral Park/Bellerose Queens are a slice of suburb living within NYC. Go 20 minutes west and your in Astoria or busy Jackson Heights. That's what makes NYC unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2018, 10:27 AM

3 posts, read 1,609 times
IS there a sewage/Drainage problem in Throggsneck? Does it get flooded West of East tremont on the southside?

Old 02-17-2018, 06:30 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,747,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
The easiest station to access is at East Tremont Ave/Westchester Sq. Straight shot but almost 1.5-2 miles from the heart of Throgs Neck (a bus is available but can add significant time to your commute). Ferry would likely dock at Ferry Point Park.
From Westchester Square station, you're looking at an hour and 10 minutes to Wall Street, not including your bus commute to the station. So it's a long commute. I think the Ferry is supposed to go to the Pier 11 on Wall Street. I don't know if there are midtown stops.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:37 AM

3,570 posts, read 3,747,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
BTW what I feel really hurt the Neck and other middle class areas was the banking crisis. No document loans or 103% loans for homes. There was this huge building boom and then they went section 8. Not hard to figure out which homes are the renters. Just look at the windows,bed sheets folded over to act like shades.
Some people are just eccentric. My mother has bedsheets on the windows and for the life of me, I can't figure out why. My parents have a very comfortable lifestyle. My father has been leasing BMW's for decades, owns his own apartment in Rego Park, dines whenever and where ever he wants. But my mother, she likes how the bedsheets look in the windows! A FWIW, sheets cost more money than curtains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City