U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:25 AM

68 posts, read 357,438 times

Advertisements

I live in Rockaway Beach and am thinking of taking a job in Long Beach. I don't drive so would have to depend on the LIRR to get there. I would probably take the #22 bus to the Far Rockaway LIRR station or the A train to Mott Avenue. I know that the railroad station is a couple of blocks away from either the bus stop or the subway stop. What is that area like to walk in to switch between the two modes of transportaton?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,503,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolgre View Post
I live in Rockaway Beach and am thinking of taking a job in Long Beach. I don't drive so would have to depend on the LIRR to get there. I would probably take the #22 bus to the Far Rockaway LIRR station or the A train to Mott Avenue. I know that the railroad station is a couple of blocks away from either the bus stop or the subway stop. What is that area like to walk in to switch between the two modes of transportaton?
the subway would be useless for that commute, isn't there a LI bus that runs from there to long beach? The area stinks, you shouldn't have problems at normal commuting hours but off hours there can be real bad

Old 10-31-2007, 11:10 AM

29,099 posts, read 41,866,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolgre View Post
i live in far rockaway.
the lirr station is a block away from redfern and the area is very desolate, day or night. it is not a good area to travel in and you are more likely to be a victim of robbery around there because there's hardly any pedestrians in the area. the only people that walk there are passing thru to get to the projects. so dont take the lirr.
your best bet is to take the Q22 and transfer to the N33 bus, which goes to long beach. i believe you can catch the N33 at mott and central ave across the street from the library, or at beach 20th and plainview avenue, or seagirt blvd and beach 20th.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,523,684 times
Yes, 7floor is right. The N33 (http://www.mta.info/libus/maplibus.pdf - broken link) runs from Far Rock to the Long Beach RR Station. I used to see many of the home health care attendants travelling along that route. If you need to go farther east you can catch one of the Long Beach buses.

For you to take the LIRR would require a trip to Jamaica the catch the train to LB... it would take you over an hour & cost alot of money.

If you decided to get a car make sure you buy the commuter tickets for the Atlantic Beach Bridge. It costs $15 for 40 tickets (may have increased recently) as opposed to the $2 each way they charge now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City