Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:25 PM

3 posts, read 14,374 times

Advertisements

Hello Mysticdiver,

Not sure if you've ever heard of it but there's a very small town named Highland Falls, NY. It's not a long drive to Westchester at all. Maybe o/a 35 mins to your new job? It's in Southern Orange county, right above Rockland County. You may hear that not all parts of Northern Orange County are great, but this section is definitely a Historic area. It's 1/10th of a mile from the United States Military Academy at West Point. Also the Famous Historic Thayer Hotel is here also. You can walk to banks, grocery, post office, art galleries, coffee shops, taverns, etc. And if you love sports can also walk to the Army/Navy football games, etc. I know for a fact that you can find a brand new 2 BR apt. w/ whirlpool, etc. for $1,000/mo. I heard today there's one w/ the whirlpool for rent right now. It's also 7 mins. (on the Putnam Co. border) to the train station that takes you to Grand Central Terminal for whenever you want to go to New York City, as well as a bus that will take you directly to the Port Authority on 41st & 8th Aves., Manhattan

Hope this is helpful

Felicia845
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM

3 posts, read 14,374 times
Default Not so pricey rentals above Rockland Co. NY

Oops! I replied to the wrong person. It was supposed to go Mspryce.

Felicia845

Old 12-05-2007, 03:38 AM

2 posts, read 6,326 times
hi i'm first time attending this side and i live in mongolia. This year i will finish my school and i want togo study abroad [in USA? or smwhere else] in high developed country.
Can anybody tell me the best universities???????
OH....

Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 AM

2 posts, read 6,326 times
ps: i want to be a dentist or economist.I Am really sorry i can't use this site right way REALLY SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!!

i WROTE IT IN A WRONG PLACE!!!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 12:27 PM

37 posts, read 209,628 times
thank you Felicia for the information. So far, I've not been that successful in finding what I need. A couple of agents have sent me listings, but it is proving to be very hard to catch up with them when I have additional questions....so we will see...

Old 12-05-2007, 12:29 PM

So...Whats the problem with Brewster??? anyone????

Old 12-05-2007, 01:42 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
I'll be straight with you. Brewster used to be fine. In the past 10 years there has been a HUGE influx of hispanic illegal immigrants. Large enough that it has severely affected Main St. You will see groups of 20-30 men standing together, yelling at women, urinating in the streets, drinking publicly, fighting, break-ins have increased. This is at all hours.

There are immigrant homeless encampments in the woods up there, and the cops aren't doing anything about it. The only place they did do something about it was when they found one right next to a school.

I know this is not a popular opinion, but drive down Main St. daytime or nighttime and you'll see what I'm talking about. Infrastructure there is strained to the max because there are 10 people to a 1BR apt.

If you want more info, check the Journal News, the local paper. They have a website with a forum that includes a "brewster/southeast" specific forum.immig

Old 12-06-2007, 06:30 AM

wow...public urinations huh?....that is extreme....

Thanks

Old 12-06-2007, 07:11 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times
That's one of the big quality of life issues they're facing in Brewster. Like I said, if you take a drive down Main St., you'll see it. I don't know why the cops have not done anything.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 15,831 times
nyack is right across the bridge from tarrytown; their talking about into nyc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City