U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-05-2013, 12:12 AM
 
Location: PHOENIX
6 posts, read 12,167 times
Reputation: 17

Advertisements

How do Latina women act ??? Dr and Pr !! Do a lot of them date in there own race... or they with blacks and other races???? Just wanna know how they act in NYC!!
Rate this post positively

 
Old 05-05-2013, 02:16 AM
 
Location: Bronx
16,231 posts, read 19,962,626 times
Reputation: 8236
Hmmm, this is too much to talk about.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 08:04 AM
 
Location: Bronx, NY
5,680 posts, read 18,369,374 times
Reputation: 2264
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAR2264419 View Post
How do Latina women act ??? Dr and Pr !! Do a lot of them date in there own race... or they with blacks and other races???? Just wanna know how they act in NYC!!
Date each other.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 09:01 AM
 
6,685 posts, read 6,646,395 times
Reputation: 4812
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Date each other.
True, I have 5 Latin girl friends who date woman.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
 
4,912 posts, read 9,717,064 times
Reputation: 8443
Possibly, just possibly the dumbest thread this quarter.
How does a group of people act?
Is that your question?
How do you expect us to answer?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-05-2013, 12:32 PM
 
Location: Dallas
99 posts, read 152,306 times
Reputation: 71
When I lived up there I noticed a lot of my fellow Latinas looked permanently angry and/or were a bit loud and obnoxious.

Latinas (speaking as a Mexican girl) used to be (for the most part) advised or expected to date within their own race, but I think that is changing now. Some are still incredibly traditional (the ones that haven't been here too long or have traditional parents), and will probably cook for you, and try to generally cater to you. The ones that haven't been indoctrinated by that mentality, however, are pretty much just like every other American woman out there (and a little more into equality.)

Also, as someone else said above, Latinas aren't all cinnamon colored ladies. There are some incredibly light skinned ones (like myself), and some that look very European. So don't count them out if you're really seeking Latinas.

Lastly, I don't think this thread is stupid. I know sometimes people of different cultures can seem so foreign and perplexing to us and we just want to know a little more about them without having to directly ask the person.
Good luck to you
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-07-2013, 07:25 AM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
9,856 posts, read 23,011,569 times
Reputation: 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by windynostalgia View Post
When I lived up there I noticed a lot of my fellow Latinas looked permanently angry and/or were a bit loud and obnoxious.

Latinas (speaking as a Mexican girl) used to be (for the most part) advised or expected to date within their own race, but I think that is changing now. Some are still incredibly traditional (the ones that haven't been here too long or have traditional parents), and will probably cook for you, and try to generally cater to you. The ones that haven't been indoctrinated by that mentality, however, are pretty much just like every other American woman out there (and a little more into equality.)

Also, as someone else said above, Latinas aren't all cinnamon colored ladies. There are some incredibly light skinned ones (like myself), and some that look very European. So don't count them out if you're really seeking Latinas.

Lastly, I don't think this thread is stupid. I know sometimes people of different cultures can seem so foreign and perplexing to us and we just want to know a little more about them without having to directly ask the person.
Good luck to you
There is nothing wrong with cooking for loved ones. Cooking for your husband does not make you a less modern woman. My wife and I both cook for each other. Cooking is a useful skill and a great money saver!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-07-2013, 07:51 AM
 
Location: Dallas
99 posts, read 152,306 times
Reputation: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
There is nothing wrong with cooking for loved ones. Cooking for your husband does not make you a less modern woman. My wife and I both cook for each other. Cooking is a useful skill and a great money saver!
Not only did I not say that, but you also seem to have missed what I was trying to get across. In a lot of Latino cultures traditionally the norm is for the woman to do all the cooking, ( its a must, not a choice) and for the man not to do a damn thing when it comes to cooking, cleaning, or the children regardless if they both work or not.

More Americanized Latinas, however are often more aware that they have the choice. Such as myself- I know I don't have to cook for my current boyfriend and future husband, but I do and plan to continue to do so because I love him and wish to make him happy in every way I can (that includes feeding him delicious food.)
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 AM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
9,856 posts, read 23,011,569 times
Reputation: 3567
Quote:
Originally Posted by windynostalgia View Post
Not only did I not say that, but you also seem to have missed what I was trying to get across. In a lot of Latino cultures traditionally the norm is for the woman to do all the cooking, ( its a must, not a choice) and for the man not to do a damn thing when it comes to cooking, cleaning, or the children regardless if they both work or not.

More Americanized Latinas, however are often more aware that they have the choice. Such as myself- I know I don't have to cook for my current boyfriend and future husband, but I do and plan to continue to do so because I love him and wish to make him happy in every way I can (that includes feeding him delicious food.)
Okay my apologies for the misconception. I do feel some younger woman (and males for the matter) is something of an antiquated skill.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 AM
 
Location: USA
8,015 posts, read 10,017,995 times
Reputation: 3425
you bring out the true racism in some of these repliers,
but latinas mostly stick to their own culture. every now
and then, you will see some who mix but it's not the norm.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:08 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top