Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 05:46 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times

Advertisements

Part of the reason why IBM no longer innovates and discovers new technologies the way it used to is because its stockholders over the years have become impatient. They do not want to invest in time and capital for something that may or may not materialize, so jettisoning old businesses and entering new ones becomes more convenient.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkonost View Post
Ok then, in correction, do you see the Brits seeking reparations from the Italians over the Roman conquest? Or do you see them blaming them for all of their societal ills? Failures? Pregnant teens? Etc?
My point - it was not an issue there.
The circumstances were not even remotely similar. Although ... in a sense, the Romans DID pay reparations. There were benefits for the conquered. Sometimes big ones.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,554,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ are you nuts? all the racial strife in nyc,
especially with the nypd?

please.
Its difficult to get perspective on things for what they are when you are born in it and brought up in it. Conditioned with concrete veiws of what is black, what is white. It imprisons people's minds on both sides.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
i'm glad that jerk gets a headache when he reads my posts lol.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:36 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
white MALE privilege still exists. Do all white men benefit? Of course not. Is racism against blacks so bad in 2013 that they cant progress? Take a look at the fact that over 30% of black households earn more than does the average white one.

But to say that white privilege does not exist is a laugh. People tend to do business with people like themselves, and given that wealthy white men control this country then wealthy white men will benefit, and those who look most like wealthy white men will as well.

The rest of us will make the best lemonade that we can with the limes that we have. Some people do have dry limes.

Oh by the way where does affirmative action exist any more. t hasnt in private sector employment for a long time. It is declining rapidly in access to college. So when whites make affirmative action an excuse I believe that they do so to excuse their own failure.

Exactly.

They will never admit to being benefactors of the foundation laid in this country by minorities. Many Whites got rich off the backs of others. They continue to have a jump on others just by their white skin or knowing someone who's in position to promote them.

Btw, the Supreme Court will look at Affirmative Action and it may be overturned. This is what most Whites want so it's in jeopardy. (I guess you White guys are throwing you hats up at that.)

Polish, Alkonost, whoever it was I didn't say anything about the reason poor blacks are poor due to White people but this country's attitudes and actions sure didn't help.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:56 AM

126 posts, read 152,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Exactly.

They will never admit to being benefactors of the foundation laid in this country by minorities. Many Whites got rich off the backs of others. They continue to have a jump on others just by their white skin or knowing someone who's in position to promote them.

Btw, the Supreme Court will look at Affirmative Action and it may be overturned. This is what most Whites want so it's in jeopardy. (I guess you White guys are throwing you hats up at that.)

Polish, Alkonost, whoever it was I didn't say anything about the reason poor blacks are poor due to White people but this country's attitudes and actions sure didn't help.
Ever think this is just paranoia? You blame the middle class white people, what about rich blacks? They do more to hold you back than a middle class bigoted Archie Bunker as you say. What has Obama done for you? Ever the skyrocketing unemployment among black Americans? There is no "boogeyman", I can tell you rich blacks would want nothing to do with the type you are talking about. I don't like people who have attitudes, period. That's it, nothing about race. My sister in law is Puerto Rican, my father(A former Marine and Korean War veteran) employs various races for his business, you have some nerve to throw the race card around with me. I am not politically correct, I don't give special treatment(which actually makes me the anti-racist), I treat people all the same and I tell it like it is. Sorry.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:19 PM

402 posts, read 811,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Exactly.

\

Wow, Yea, I would be ashamed of myself for receiving a job because I am of a minority... Stop your crying everybody, everyone hates the white male until they need someone to hook them up with a few dollars or a job, etc. Beat on the white man is straight up jealousy, thats all it is, the most successful by far segment of the worlds population, constantly beat on. But the successfulness must be due to jealousy!!! right! You want a good gauge of standard of living in the country, just look at White population percentage, the higher the better. These are facts. Norway, Sweden, Finland, all must be the most productive countries in the world, but it must be due to racism right?? lol..... all you numb nuts really need to face facts.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:56 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishAmericanBklyn View Post
Ever think this is just paranoia? You blame the middle class white people, what about rich blacks? They do more to hold you back than a middle class bigoted Archie Bunker as you say. What has Obama done for you? Ever the skyrocketing unemployment among black Americans? There is no "boogeyman", I can tell you rich blacks would want nothing to do with the type you are talking about. I don't like people who have attitudes, period. That's it, nothing about race. My sister in law is Puerto Rican, my father(A former Marine and Korean War veteran) employs various races for his business, you have some nerve to throw the race card around with me. I am not politically correct, I don't give special treatment(which actually makes me the anti-racist), I treat people all the same and I tell it like it is. Sorry.
It is not Obama's responsibility.to.do anything for Black American. As President he is responsible.for the nation as a whole. Obama,.as son of.a Kenyan muslim and.a.white woman truly has nothing in common with a generational poor black person whose family is from the south. So there is no.reason for him to truly care. Besides, his wife is an ivy league educated Black American woman. Perhaps the lesson is its up each individual to take care of his own business. Racism is the dumbest form of.collectivism.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
\

Wow, Yea, I would be ashamed of myself for receiving a job because I am of a minority... Stop your crying everybody, everyone hates the white male until they need someone to hook them up with a few dollars or a job, etc. Beat on the white man is straight up jealousy, thats all it is, the most successful by far segment of the worlds population, constantly beat on. But the successfulness must be due to jealousy!!! right! You want a good gauge of standard of living in the country, just look at White population percentage, the higher the better. These are facts. Norway, Sweden, Finland, all must be the most productive countries in the world, but it must be due to racism right?? lol..... all you numb nuts really need to face facts.
Both China and Japan have gdps far above the Nordic countries. And the Asians surpass the Nordics technologically and scientifically. The Nordic countries are in danger of contagion from other eu counyrirs. Speaki.g of which, many white countries have bad economies. Greece Spain, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Portugal, not mention much of eastern europe. There is no shortage of poor whites.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:45 AM

56 posts, read 92,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Both China and Japan have gdps far above the Nordic countries. And the Asians surpass the Nordics technologically and scientifically. The Nordic countries are in danger of contagion from other eu counyrirs. Speaki.g of which, many white countries have bad economies. Greece Spain, Ireland, Italy, Iceland, Portugal, not mention much of eastern europe. There is no shortage of poor whites.
You're black, you're not Chinese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City