Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM

3,025 posts, read 6,808,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strate L O S S View Post
That's pretty wild.

Truthfully it isn't representative of Hasidic Jews in that neighborhood.

I'm not Hasidic or Jewish at all, just stating my experience in that neighborhood which I frequent a lot.

99.99% of Hasidic Jews are very polite and cordial. Which is in line with every other ethnic/racial group.

Cheers.
Moderator cut: Please do not generalize about an entire group. The referenced story represents one individual's reaction, and should be treated as such. Thanks.

Every single person on this earth can be cordial under the right circumstances... When pushed, is when we see the true demeanor of people... In the case of this video, for anyone who has eyes, to say that the bicyclist provoked this incident is absolutely insane... I think its 30 seconds into the video when the driver decides to box this guy into a spot he can't pass and that's when the problem ensues... It was only after the driver had done this about 3 times and they had already exchanged words that the bicyclist moved in front at the red light.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-15-2013 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 11:09 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,621,938 times
I hear that, I'm definitely not implying the cyclist was at fault.

The guy successfully overtook the cyclist 3 times, he should have just overtook him and kept it moving like 99.99% of the other people in the area do on a daily basis without confrontation.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:18 AM

370 posts, read 624,768 times
Wow! Has anyone seen this on the news? Just curious to see if our local channels picked this story up.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
i don't see the big deal. bike boy was lucky it wasn't someone else he was irking.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:03 PM

235 posts, read 373,985 times
Hmmm... I am thinking the biker started the confrontation by riding his bike in the middle of the road blocking the van. So the driver got pissed at him. Of course he turn on his video after the fact. So the driver wanted to do the same as the biker was doing earlier and slow down on him blocking the biker. And so then the biker got angry and slapped the van with his hands. Which **** off the Driver more and then the confrontation started. Now lets see this biker goes to an all Ghetto area and do the same there and test the drivers patience. Lets see if he would try this in Brownsville.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-15-2013 at 08:44 PM..

Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,496 times
What?

You can clearly see the driver harassing the bicyclist. As Strate said all the driver had to do the first time he overtook him was to keep moving but no, the driver had to make it a issue and in turn tried to narrow the bike rider's path to cut HIM off.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-15-2013 at 08:45 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,745,228 times
Its odd that the cyclists name is listed as Rafael Huerta yet per the online white pages he lives in Jackson Heights and works in Brooklyn. Its a bit of a stretch that he was cycling home. Sounds like he rode through there with a camera to instigate an issue in order to get "You Tube" money (which is over a $1k now so far).

Old 05-16-2013, 04:53 AM

916 posts, read 2,246,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Its odd that the cyclists name is listed as Rafael Huerta yet per the online white pages he lives in Jackson Heights and works in Brooklyn. Its a bit of a stretch that he was cycling home. Sounds like he rode through there with a camera to instigate an issue in order to get "You Tube" money (which is over a $1k now so far).
Is it possible the cyclist was purposely go though the Hasidic neighborhoods to instigate an issue and
record it out of ulterior motive? Maybe... but unless you can prove that is the truth, then that is just
your own unsubstantiated speculation at this point. And it only make you look like as you were
trying very hard to finding excuses for the Hasidic guy, and smearing Rafael Huerta at the same time.

simply looking at the video, Rafael Huerta was obviously no angel with all swearing and taunting, but
there is absolutely no excuse for what the Hasidic guy did in this case. People need to stop trying to
justify his action, unity is one of the trait I admire about the Jewish people, but by defending behaviors
like this car driver here just make Jewish look bad and bias base their opinion on race instead of facts.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-16-2013 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 05-16-2013, 05:27 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,363 times
Quote:

I commute 8.5 miles each way from my apt in Astoria to my new workplace in Brooklyn. I know a few people who do more than 8 miles as well.

Why is it a stretch?

The fact that you keep making excuses for these bullies, is quite shameful.
Moderator cut: Personal attack

Last edited by bmwguydc; 05-16-2013 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-16-2013, 06:36 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,618,316 times
Quote:
Huh? The only good bike routes from Brooklyn to Jackson Heights are through Williamsburg and Greenpoint. It makes perfect sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City