Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM

2,806 posts, read 16,366,147 times

Advertisements

7Online.com: Police investigate possible bias attack in Queens

Yet another racially fueld beating in Howard Beach (whats with Howard Beach and racial attacks? I don't get it). This time though it was a group of 30-40 hispanic and black kids who beat two white kids.

Somehow I doubt it will get the press that a white on black crime does in this city. So to all those people whining about how evil white people are, I suggest you take a look in the mirror.

As a white guy living in the outer-boroughs I don't feel safe outside of my neighborhood. Given the opportunity I think this type of thing could happen to any white person, at any time and any place (except for Manhattan where there's a cop on every block and a hipster in every building).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 07:25 PM

274 posts, read 320,010 times
Enough of this race crap. Who cares?????

Get over it.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:33 PM

You're in Manhattan, so it doesn't apply to you. I think this is pertinent for people living in the outer boroughs.

Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 PM

242 posts, read 926,820 times
Racism is alive and well. Back in the 80s and 90s it was blacks and hispanics who would get beat with baseball bats for walking in the wrong the neighborhoods. As the white population of the outer boros continues to decline "the chickens have come home to roost"

Old 11-01-2007, 08:48 PM

That all may be well and good, but I don't want to hear Al Sharpton complaining on TV anymore if thats the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock247 View Post
Racism is alive and well. Back in the 80s and 90s it was blacks and hispanics who would get beat with baseball bats for walking in the wrong the neighborhoods. As the white population of the outer boros continues to decline "the chickens have come home to roost"

Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM

242 posts, read 926,820 times
Amen to that. I saw a comedian who had a joke that white people just have to accept that al sharpton sits around all day waiting for white people to say ******.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:26 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,237,622 times
Black on White, White on Black, either way it's bad, and 30-40 kids on two White Kids that's just ridiculous. I'm surprised they survived.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 PM

274 posts, read 320,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
You're in Manhattan, so it doesn't apply to you. I think this is pertinent for people living in the outer boroughs.
There are black and Hispanic people in Manhattan.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 AM

1,529 posts, read 2,797,934 times
Nothing usual there are racial crimes all the time in NYC. The city is very diverse yet highly segregated.

I laugh at the fools who think racism is no longer a problem (or that racism is not a problem in NYC). Idiots. It's as bad as it's ever been. Something that honestly will never go away. That's just the way it is.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:03 AM

943 posts, read 4,257,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mead View Post
That all may be well and good, but I don't want to hear Al Sharpton complaining on TV anymore if thats the case.
Nice try, racism extends far beyond physical attacks. You ever been a black man shopping on the east side of Manahattan? You should try it one day? The government also tends to discriminate against many minorities (despite the minorities that feel as long as there are dems in office we are safe), but that is not quite as easy for the average Joe to detect. I could go on and on, but I won't take the bait. The fact that you have the nerve to say some teen beatings even the landscape and shows equivalent ignorance from all parties is simply ignorance on your part. By the way, when those black dudes took that beat down in Howard Beach a couple of years ago by the gotti wannabees who did our "arbitrary" court system give a favorable ruling? You say somehow it won't get the same press and I say somehow they won't get the lenient prosecution the gotti wannabees got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City