Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
great neighborhood except on Sunday afternoons when everyone and their mother decides to make my area their home and take all the parking spots to use the park. lately there's too much double parking and standing of vans, etc in front of available parking spots--very very grating on the nerves to have to ask these folks to move.
There's been a lot of activity of late since the weather broke with all of these outsiders coming upstairs here and it's been rather annoying. I don't mind people coming up here, but have some respect for our neighborhood. I was coming along Henry Hudson Parkway the other night and saw smashed bottles and trash thrown about, which was clearly created by some hooligans.

We need more police patrols here and luckily I've been seeing more of late.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 PM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times
a few years ago i had an experience with some people in a van (you had mentioned awhile back you had noticed odd people driving around in vans in the area) some guys pulled up to me in a van and i felt threatened. they emitted some kind of harsh hostile mumbo jumbo and then pulled away. i never understood what they said but im glad i didn't . other than this i have never encountered any 'trouble" in this area

but even during the weekday there is too much activity around, not just people double parked blocking your parking space but too much construction, deliveries and other drama. it used to be quieter here. seems every available free space or forest is swallowed up by condo or townhouse construction or private homes being demolished to make way for new developments to replace them.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:47 PM

on Saturday mornings in the fall between Labor Day and Thanksgiving between 8AM and about 2PM you can forget about finding a parking spot where you want. what amazes me is the distances these schoolkids are willing to drive to play soccer or cricket or whatever in the park. Buses from Virginia, Massachussets, once a van from the College Of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Va was sparked in front of my building unloading students. are these people actually leaving at 2 AM to arrive here by 8AM or are they staying in a hotel overnight?

Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM

Quote:
a few years ago i had an experience with some people in a van (you had mentioned awhile back you had noticed odd people driving around in vans in the area) some guys pulled up to me in a van and i felt threatened. they emitted some kind of harsh hostile mumbo jumbo and then pulled away. i never understood what they said but im glad i didn't . other than this i have never encountered any 'trouble" in this area

but even during the weekday there is too much activity around, not just people double parked blocking your parking space but too much construction, deliveries and other drama. it used to be quieter here. seems every available free space or forest is swallowed up by condo or townhouse construction or private homes being demolished to make way for new developments to replace them.
It is certainly getting crowded here that's for sure, but it would be less crowded with fewer outsiders. Quite frankly there isn't anything here to see. It's really more of a residential area than anything else.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:54 PM

i might think that those who visit this area from other Bronx nabes primarily go to Van Cortlandt Park and would have no interest in other areas like Johnson Ave etc.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:19 PM

i was just in K'bridge this afternoon. I just bought some nice looking gold rings($10 each), a brass bracelet ($5)and a necklace($5) off a street vendor in front of the Starbucks on 225th and B'way. he says hes going to have new stuff next week

K'bridge is always pleasant and family oriented.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
i was just in K'bridge this afternoon. I just bought some nice looking gold rings($10 each), a brass bracelet ($5)and a necklace($5) off a street vendor in front of the Starbucks on 225th and B'way. he says hes going to have new stuff next week

K'bridge is always pleasant and family oriented.
Some Riverdalian you are. Do you support the local establishments here in Riverdale?

Old 05-27-2013, 07:07 PM

i live in the "poor" section of Riverdale, which means i always take advantage of good buys in the poorer areas!! i am a social worker which means i am relatively poor and i work in "poor" Wakefield which makes my home area look like Beverly Hills!!

but considering how poor I am its nice to have gold rings that don't make me look look poor!!

Old 05-27-2013, 07:09 PM

the parking situation around Johnson and 235th is so bad I just can't deal with it over there. id rather take the bus to K'bridge and walk a bit. and N Riverdale is too bland

Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 PM

Quote:
i live in the "poor" section of Riverdale, which means i always take advantage of good buys in the poorer areas!! i am a social worker which means i am relatively poor and i work in "poor" Wakefield which makes my home area look like Beverly Hills!!

but considering how poor I am its nice to have gold rings that don't make me look look poor!!
There are good buys here in Riverdale too! We have to support our local establishments. I know I certainly do. I think there are plenty of people in those Bronx neighborhoods that support their own areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City