Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM

17 posts, read 25,517 times

Advertisements

You are right - parking may not be that easy but I am looking to see whether it will easy enough to park specifically in the area where we are planning to get an apartment.
By easy enough I mean driving like 5 to 10 minutes around the block to look for a spot. I plan to get a used mini cooper so small space would be enough.

I specifically am more on the south side very close to 75th Avenue subway stop so not sure if this is the area of Forest Hill Gardens but it is south of Austin Street.

On Saturday I was able to find a spot fairly easily but not sure about any of the weekdays.

Also, any ideas on paid parking spots in the area? I saw one on Austin Street for $195 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 09:58 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,306,312 times
Forest hills gardens is on the other side of the lirr tracks. If you haven't already, walk around there. It is the nicest neighborhood in queens, IMO. They'll be times when you might have to park on the other side of queens blvd or even as far as kew gardens, but no big deal.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:29 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,903,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
No mention or consideration of the Bronx? You should check out Mott Haven or the Yankee stadium areas. Both are well within your commute requirements, price range and are as safe as other neighborhoods you are considering. Further north along the Grand Concourse you can also find something in your range but you may exceed commute requirement.
Mott haven in the South Bronx is as safe as Forest hills, Astoria and LIC ?
Where you got that from ?

Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,857,645 times
/\/\

From NYWriterdude!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City