Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 PM

44 posts, read 142,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
Are there really that many bars and restaurants around that part of Brooklyn?
It's not Williamsburg, but there are quite a few. Marcus Vineyards, a wine bar and beer garden, just opened down the block from me, and it's lovely. I would say that there are probably about 5 (give or take) decent bars in Stuy Heights, and about the same number of restaurants. I define "decent" as nice places that are aren't just holes in the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 12:19 PM

26 posts, read 37,239 times
What are you saying exactly about? I Should be the one saying that. Everyone's sitting here talking **** about bedstuy heaven forbid someone talks **** about forest hills. Besides every one knows long island is nice I'm general, but I wouldn't be caught dead there.

To the person who asked about bars the two areas in nyc that are affordable and have emerging good new bars are bedstuy and bushwick. Bedstuy along the g and bushwick along l you also have quick access to other areas with good bars, but don't need to use it. Bedford ave has new places, franklin, myrtle, and by atlantic.... many of which opened in last 2 yrs

Old 05-24-2013, 12:30 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,313,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juanus_superbus View Post
It's not Williamsburg, but there are quite a few. Marcus Vineyards, a wine bar and beer garden, just opened down the block from me, and it's lovely. I would say that there are probably about 5 (give or take) decent bars in Stuy Heights, and about the same number of restaurants. I define "decent" as nice places that are aren't just holes in the wall.
Yeah I know there are some. Had more to do with someone stating Forest Hills lacks something that I'm not sure their neighborhood has an abundance of.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk333 View Post
What are you saying exactly about? I Should be the one saying that. Everyone's sitting here talking **** about bedstuy heaven forbid someone talks **** about forest hills. Besides every one knows long island is nice I'm general, but I wouldn't be caught dead there.

To the person who asked about bars the two areas in nyc that are affordable and have emerging good new bars are bedstuy and bushwick. Bedstuy along the g and bushwick along l you also have quick access to other areas with good bars, but don't need to use it. Bedford ave has new places, franklin, myrtle, and by atlantic.... many of which opened in last 2 yrs
Oh, but do you live in LI, geographically Kings County is on Long Island. The Islanders have it in their contract they can be on any of LI's 4 counties, Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, or Brooklyn. So they are moving to Barclay's.

You even live close to the LIRR's Atlantic Avenue branch, which is only one of the LIRR's lines in Brooklyn (the others these days are used for freight).

Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 PM

Forest hills bars - many
Forest hills good bars - 0

Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM

I'm referring to long islands suburban nature, you can substitute with westchester or new jersey if you prefer..

Old 05-24-2013, 02:04 PM

589 posts, read 1,220,784 times
Quote:
I'm sure long islanders would site a bunch of malls and some strip that exists somewhere too, give me a subway stop where I get out and have some new bars and restaurants to try, good music, good scene.

Cee4 I said bars AND restaurants prick. I drink every night. Like places with sports and music. Like good restaurants. ... tell me what element of my life is missing, and where can I find it? ... Queens? ?? I don't think so.
So you like to drink liquid bread and eat butter all day congrats. You can go to Bayside and find plenty of bars/restaurants. You can go to Flushing and find plenty of bars/restaurants. There are plenty of areas with good food and drink but it may be too ethnic for you. What a loser.

I'd prefer to wake up with no noise and be close to major highways. I can get to anywhere in Manhattan in less than an hour. There are more trees on my block than in your entire neighborhood.

You know what is missing in your life? Class.

Transplants, all they want to do is drink in NYC. Remember what I said earlier. Your definition for a good neighborhood fits for a low life alcoholic but that doesn't speak for the rest of NYC.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:24 PM

Who would of thought in a million years that anyone would be comparing Bed-Stuy and Forest Hills.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:50 PM

Cee4 your description of trees and highways sounds like every other suburban area I mentioned. Maybe class is what they are selling you when your rent or house costs me than mine. Class is kind of a douchey word anyway.

You think I'm sitting in bk drinking Budweiser and eating cheese burgers? Of course I eat and drink a diversity of ethnic cuisines. Flushing given, has good food from asian regions , but if you are living there you do not necessarily have a diversity of cuisines....

Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Cee4 your description of trees and highways sounds like every other suburban area I mentioned. Maybe class is what they are selling you when your rent or house costs me than mine. Class is kind of a douchey word anyway.

You think I'm sitting in bk drinking Budweiser and eating cheese burgers? Of course I eat and drink a diversity of ethnic cuisines. Flushing given, has good food from asian regions , but if you are living there you do not necessarily have a diversity of cuisines....
You made it sound like every section of Queens other than LIC and Astoria are the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City