Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 PM

93 posts, read 153,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingvendetta View Post
I feel weird going to clubs and lounges and bars alone. What would be the best place I can just slip in?
Since you're Chinese, my suggestion is Shanghai or Beijing. I know acquaintances who hold American passports score really high when they go overthere. Since you're Chinese, you'll score much higher than the rest. My neighbor who is Vietnamese American met a very beautiful Chinese girl in a bar in Shanghai and they got married. Don't waste your time and effort trying to date American girls (white especially) as most are not interested in Asian men; you have to be realistic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:01 AM

19 posts, read 55,516 times
I don't think American women are so shallow I won't be able to find someone that would be interested in an interracial relationship. God that's going to be hard. I've heard it's easier in California? I dunno how different that would be compared to NYC.

God, just making friends is a nightmare. I dunno if it would be easier, it might be harder. You see I never learned Chinese. I mean, you can only use a couple of phrases before you end up saying the same thing over and over again.

But I DO see your point. But isn't it messed up that it looks like I have to go to another country just to find someone? I don't care what her skin color is. Neither does my family. I was raised in America and very americanized, I'm gonna stand out if I go there.

I don't fit in here, I don't fit in there, where am I suppose to go?

Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 AM

36,920 posts, read 38,838,960 times
Open up your job search to trying for other major cities in the US, see if you can get some decent offers, and then give that place a go.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:44 AM

18,844 posts, read 13,730,234 times
Your posts make it very clear that Staten Island is not the source of your problems...

Old 05-21-2013, 06:15 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,817,815 times
Quote:
I feel weird going to clubs and lounges and bars alone. What would be the best place I can just slip in?
You're going to have to man up, and go in alone. Try many different places, and keep at it. No weeping and wailing if things don't go your way, there's always the next place to go to. Be a man, not a boy, and people will treat you as such.

All you've done on this thread is WHINE! Its not manly, or even boyish.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:46 AM

163 posts, read 483,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
You're going to have to man up, and go in alone. Try many different places, and keep at it. No weeping and wailing if things don't go your way, there's always the next place to go to. Be a man, not a boy, and people will treat you as such.

All you've done on this thread is WHINE! Its not manly, or even boyish.
NyWriterdude is right! I think the problem is that you complain too much instead of complaining try to find a solution.... It seems that you don't want to date Chinese women and that's perfectly fine so then get out from Staten Island visit other places...you are 27 not 13...

Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM

8,012 posts, read 11,351,100 times
lol wow son. get your stride right.
stop listening to the bloodclots.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,160,139 times
There are really no Asians in SI?

Anyway why haven't you moved to some other part of the city already?!

Old 05-21-2013, 04:32 PM

19 posts, read 55,516 times
I don't think the problem is me. I'm frustrated. I made some friends from brooklyn and queens. They actually took the ferry and we hang out at a pizzaria in bay street and went to the SI mall. They never been to staten island let alone the mall and was excited. End up walking in the park by my house.

At the end of the day, they told me they hated Staten Island. lol. "Your neighborhood sucks."

I'm friendly, I approach people. I make friends at work but they aren't interested in being friends long term. I dunno how else to explain it but there is a strong stand offish attitude. And I'm fed up with it. Sometimes I go to the coffee shop and hang out there.

But here's the thing that seperates staten island from teh rest of the boroughs. The streets are completely vacant. You know how odd it is to not see a single soul for miles? How are you suppose to meet people in the park if you are the only person in the entire place? Imagine it's 3pm in the summer and not a single soul is in Central Park. That's how it is here.

It's a very hard place to fit in. It's like going to times sq and not a single person in sight. That's how quiet and deserted staten island is. If you live here you might understand.

I do not have the money to move out.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:24 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,817,815 times
Quote:
I don't think the problem is me. I'm frustrated. I made some friends from brooklyn and queens. They actually took the ferry and we hang out at a pizzaria in bay street and went to the SI mall. They never been to staten island let alone the mall and was excited. End up walking in the park by my house.

At the end of the day, they told me they hated Staten Island. lol. "Your neighborhood sucks."

I'm friendly, I approach people. I make friends at work but they aren't interested in being friends long term. I dunno how else to explain it but there is a strong stand offish attitude. And I'm fed up with it. Sometimes I go to the coffee shop and hang out there.

But here's the thing that seperates staten island from teh rest of the boroughs. The streets are completely vacant. You know how odd it is to not see a single soul for miles? How are you suppose to meet people in the park if you are the only person in the entire place? Imagine it's 3pm in the summer and not a single soul is in Central Park. That's how it is here.

It's a very hard place to fit in. It's like going to times sq and not a single person in sight. That's how quiet and deserted staten island is. If you live here you might understand.

I do not have the money to move out.
I think you're full of BS. The Staten Island Ferry is free. If you have any money at all, even welfare money, you can occassionally afford a metrocard to go out in Manhattan.

Beyond that, we can't do anything here about your problem. If people in Staten Island reject you, there's nothing I or anyone else on this forum can do about it. If you'd rather stay there and be dissed by everyone in sight and made a fool off, then that's your choice. Deal with it.

Stop making excuses, btw. Get up off your crying butt, save up your money, and rent a room somewhere else. You claim to have a job. Or do need your parents to take care of you?

There's a lot you're leaving out of this picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City