Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 05:30 PM

19 posts, read 55,664 times

Advertisements

I feel like every person has this HUGE ass wall in front of them. It's obvious, but it makes it very hard for anyone to talk to one another.

Seriously, you have to break into fort knox just to get someone to open up. What's the deal with that? I know it MUST be easier outside the state or country to find someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 05:57 PM

916 posts, read 2,240,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingvendetta View Post
I feel like every person has this HUGE ass wall in front of them. It's obvious, but it makes it very hard for anyone to talk to one another.

Seriously, you have to break into fort knox just to get someone to open up. What's the deal with that? I know it MUST be easier outside the state or country to find someone.
Obviously you need a HUGE penis to knock down a HUGE ass wall, or work on making your wallet HUGE.
The keyword is you need something HUGE to knock down something HUGE, be it penis, wallet, effort, or
heart.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:01 PM

24 posts, read 34,701 times
How do you meet MEN in ny? Haha

Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,971,377 times
Quote:

If you dont have good looks, a fat wallet and a nice car, your not going to pass through an average typical local womens wall. For Transplants you better have a nice fashionable pad in an hip area to attract any woman. Yes it is easier outside of NYC to meet women. Also NY women do not take niceness as a grain salt, chivalry is dead so dont be a nice guy here because women will walk over you and mark you off as boring, unchangeable and undatable. They love and need the fuel of drama.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:17 PM

24 posts, read 34,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If you dont have good looks, a fat wallet and a nice car, your not going to pass through an average typical local womens wall. For Transplants you better have a nice fashionable pad in an hip area to attract any woman. Yes it is easier outside of NYC to meet women. Also NY women do not take niceness as a grain salt, chivalry is dead so dont be a nice guy here because women will walk over you and mark you off as boring, unchangeable and undatable. They love and need the fuel of drama.
I'm not like this at all surely you've just had bad experiences. Not all us women are awful sounding like that. Yes, there are gold diggers, but good women are out there

Old 05-20-2013, 06:38 PM

245 posts, read 317,042 times
Wow, what a bunch of sweeping generalities. You tend to meet a good mate when you're not looking - you find people with similar interests when you're just living your life and doing what you enjoy, not when you're trying to hunt them.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 PM

58 posts, read 117,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
Wow, what a bunch of sweeping generalities. You tend to meet a good mate when you're not looking - you find people with similar interests when you're just living your life and doing what you enjoy, not when you're trying to hunt them.
In general these people are right though. If you're not overly social, wealthy or good looking you're pretty much **** out of luck in NY. Nowhere else I've traveled I've seen women this wound up and unapproachable. I would say it's more of a product of living in this city too long though. It makes you cold, defensive and overly cautious of everything.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM

559 posts, read 1,108,891 times
Isn't it because you live in Staten Island?

Quote:

Old 05-20-2013, 09:00 PM

16,200 posts, read 22,971,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queensres View Post
In general these people are right though. If you're not overly social, wealthy or good looking you're pretty much **** out of luck in NY. Nowhere else I've traveled I've seen women this wound up and unapproachable. I would say it's more of a product of living in this city too long though. It makes you cold, defensive and overly cautious of everything.
I agree.

There isn't really an average guy cant do. Women in NYC have their defenses up all the time, the only way to penetrate through those firewalls is to one be either good looking or two look like you have some sort of money, that's just it really. If you look goofy, or look like a creep or of you look broke and don't dress right, women will walk away, or even worse if your an Asian male. If your not a social person and your introvert you are going to run into problems with woman, if you're not spiritual, you will run into problems with women. Women in NYC get hit on all the time, some time even ugly and chubby women get hit on, this only lifts their egos up. Not only that but women here will remain choosey and picky for obvious reasons. For one here in NYC even though women work and public and private sector has made great strides with women and employment, women still earn less than men here even though women make up much of the work force here. Another thing is to women are venerable to become pregnant so finding a mate that can either be a biologic partner, or a provider or both will suit most women. And last the feminist movement of the 60s is still well endowed here in NYC. Women in NYC have plenty to loose and will remain picky and choosey.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-20-2013 at 09:12 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 09:02 PM

1,423 posts, read 2,539,773 times
Just flash women in Manhattan. It works all the time. It's a great way to start a conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City