Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you support Bloomberg?
Yes 16 45.71%
No 19 54.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-23-2013, 09:17 AM
 
Location: New York City
19,061 posts, read 12,595,525 times
Reputation: 14781

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I hate him, can't wait until he is gone.
Yeah, maybe we can push Dinkins out of retirement and get him back in there. There's just not enough crack and hookers on the streets anymore. And what is it with this 311 crap, how dare anyone at the city take your calls?? It's high time we re-littered the parks with hypodermic needles and gave out fat contracts to crooked contracting companies! No more Bloomberg - he's ruining NYC for everyone!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
politicians serve us, not the other way around.
You're right, forget Bloomberg. He's too rich. We need someone who needs money so bad they'll do anything to take ca$h from special interests to be in his pockets for the rest of the term. Makes sense to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2013, 09:26 AM
 
Location: new yawk zoo
8,610 posts, read 10,977,887 times
Reputation: 6279
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post


You're right, forget Bloomberg. He's too rich. We need someone who needs money so bad they'll do anything to take ca$h from special interests to be in his pockets for the rest of the term. Makes sense to me!
i agree. that is why politicians like Huntley and Espada Jr. are a bunch of thieves who betrayed the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Bergen County, NJ
9,847 posts, read 25,153,092 times
Reputation: 3627
He was great his first term. Very progressive and idealistic. But that was a long time ago...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM
 
1,431 posts, read 2,605,956 times
Reputation: 1199
Awful.

-thinks city should be a "luxury product," no interest at all in affordable housing
-clings to discredited education reforms like charter schools and corporate partnerships
-has created a borderline fascistic police state

His worldview is fanatically pro-corporate: large corporate interests ALWAYS know best and anyone who thinks otherwise is unserious, unmodern, backward; policy should be made and carried out by highly educated technocrats working closely with aforementioned corporate interests.

He can't leave soon enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 AM
 
Location: New Jersey!!!!
18,824 posts, read 13,705,123 times
Reputation: 21182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Yeah, maybe we can push Dinkins out of retirement and get him back in there. There's just not enough crack and hookers on the streets anymore. And what is it with this 311 crap, how dare anyone at the city take your calls?? It's high time we re-littered the parks with hypodermic needles and gave out fat contracts to crooked contracting companies! No more Bloomberg - he's ruining NYC for everyone!!



You're right, forget Bloomberg. He's too rich. We need someone who needs money so bad they'll do anything to take ca$h from special interests to be in his pockets for the rest of the term. Makes sense to me!
Your comments are clever and witty, I'll give you that, though they do not speak to the sentiment of my post.

I do not pine for some superflous "olden" time when NY was a more "gritty" or "real" place. I could care less about his money, at least as a function of sheer value, though his moneyed attitude is certainly something I take issue with, as that is where his condescending nanny-ness stems from. My disdain for the ghetto-elected politicians who fill NYC's council is just as high. They are a presence that will be felt as long as the last brick of the last project still stands.

Bloomberg had his two terms, which by law should have been the end. Our government is not set up to facilitate dictators who believe that they are the only correct person for the job and the times, this is why term limits and democratic elections exist.

If you want to elect a politician to govern your life, so be it. I want to elect polticians to govern the functions of city government, period. As a free citizen of a US city, I don't need a Little Napoleon telling me what's good for my family and I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 11:49 AM
 
Location: New York City
19,061 posts, read 12,595,525 times
Reputation: 14781
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
Awful.

-thinks city should be a "luxury product," no interest at all in affordable housing
-clings to discredited education reforms like charter schools and corporate partnerships
-has created a borderline fascistic police state

His worldview is fanatically pro-corporate: large corporate interests ALWAYS know best and anyone who thinks otherwise is unserious, unmodern, backward; policy should be made and carried out by highly educated technocrats working closely with aforementioned corporate interests.

He can't leave soon enough.
I'll take corporate over taxpayer funding any day. Corporate partnerships are a fantastic way to raise revenue and get development moving. Where do you think people get their income? By far and away from companies through gainful employment. Companies ensure prosperity for the people, they are the foundation of our capitalist system. Perhaps you would be happier in a socialist country like Spain or Greece where you can get all sorts of handouts, although you might have a problem finding a job or ever moving up the ladder in life.

What's not to like about Charter Schools? Sounds like you're a union guy - the UFT has basically ruined public education for the past 50 years. Charter schools are an excellent way to hire non-union teachers who aren't bound to prehistoric work regulations and actually get our kids somewhere in life

I've never had a problem with the police, and they seem to be doing one hell of a job keeping crime away in NYC. I suppose you miss seeing graffiti everywhere and homeless people free to accost you at will

To each his own
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
 
1,431 posts, read 2,605,956 times
Reputation: 1199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
I'll take corporate over taxpayer funding any day. Corporate partnerships are a fantastic way to raise revenue and get development moving. Where do you think people get their income? By far and away from companies through gainful employment. Companies ensure prosperity for the people, they are the foundation of our capitalist system. Perhaps you would be happier in a socialist country like Spain or Greece where you can get all sorts of handouts, although you might have a problem finding a job or ever moving up the ladder in life.

What's not to like about Charter Schools? Sounds like you're a union guy - the UFT has basically ruined public education for the past 50 years. Charter schools are an excellent way to hire non-union teachers who aren't bound to prehistoric work regulations and actually get our kids somewhere in life

I've never had a problem with the police, and they seem to be doing one hell of a job keeping crime away in NYC. I suppose you miss seeing graffiti everywhere and homeless people free to accost you at will

To each his own
This is satire right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 02:49 PM
 
1,682 posts, read 3,155,053 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
Awful.

-thinks city should be a "luxury product," no interest at all in affordable housing
Not true, there has been more affordable housing created under the Bloomberg administration then any other in the history of NYC. There is still a vast number of units under construction or planned too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 02:54 PM
 
3,445 posts, read 6,036,601 times
Reputation: 6133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
This is satire right?
No. Its the truth. Hard for many NYers, like yourself, to hear it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Bronx
16,200 posts, read 22,923,400 times
Reputation: 8344
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
Not true, there has been more affordable housing created under the Bloomberg administration then any other in the history of NYC. There is still a vast number of units under construction or planned too.
Bloomberg affordable housing initiative is not really affordable for some people for some New Yorkers. But I'm not complaining I can afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:51 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top