Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2013, 07:06 AM

18 posts, read 32,826 times

Advertisements

TIRED of tonado topic,( I am from OK, ). I am leaving to Greensbor with my kid to visit my friend, and we plan to visit some Northeast area, if make a quick visit, how many days we need stay in NY city? we need to visit the famous spots, museums, ,,,,, My friend is new to NC too. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2013, 09:02 AM

912 posts, read 2,099,637 times
10 days

Old 05-25-2013, 09:27 AM

4,035 posts, read 10,296,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
10 days
That’s excessive, incredibly expensive and impractical. How long does it take to see New York? Somewhere between a day and a lifetime.

New York is enormous and constantly changing. If you try and do it all you’ll end up exhausted and ultimately disappointed.

Figure out how much time you have, make a plan, accept that you won’t see everything, come back again.

I recommend the OP pick three highlights (say a Broadway show, a day at the Met, and time at WTC Memorial/Financial District) and then plan other activities, restaurants, shopping, etc. nearby.

Old 05-25-2013, 10:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helphelp View Post
TIRED of tonado topic,( I am from OK, ). I am leaving to Greensbor with my kid to visit my friend, and we plan to visit some Northeast area, if make a quick visit, how many days we need stay in NY city? we need to visit the famous spots, museums, ,,,,, My friend is new to NC too. Thanks

Find and look at some of the NYC tourism sites. From there, decide what you want to do and see and then decide how many things you want to do each day.

You can go to Top of the Rock (as opposed to the Empire State Bldg) and get a combo ticket that also gives you free admission to the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) Both are awesome!!!

You can't miss the Metropolitan Museum of Art. This could be an all-day thing. The last time we went, we were there for 5 hours. They currently have an exhibit called "Punk" Chaos to Couture"

Broadway Shows: You can get great discounts through BroadwayBox.com. Choose the shows you want to see, print out the discount and bring it to the box office or order online. I alway prefer going to the box office because you can choose the seats you want (I've always gotten awesome seats!)

Freedom Tower/WTC: You have to get your timed tix in advance. Google or Bing it and you can order them online (free)

Staten Island Ferry: FREE and it's a great ride and you can see the Statue of Liberty up close.

Central Park: Check out their website. So much to do and see!

Central Park Zoo: Good fun for an hour or so

Times Square: Fun. I like the pedestrian plaza so I can "people watch"

There is a Times Square Visitors Center also where you can get info, maps, etc

There is a ton of more things to do and see but I just wanted to mention a few!

Have a great time!!!!

Old 05-26-2013, 05:33 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Seems like a really strange question. Go look at two or three guidebooks, and figure out how many things you'd like to do/see.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:49 AM

283 posts, read 370,030 times
1. The financial district is interesting. Check out Fraunces Tavern (and have lunch there), Battery Park, Wall St., the 2-3 old churches, WTC memorial. Grand Central Terminal is awesome. NYC can be cheap. Our stay at Hotel 17 in East Village was fun and inexpensive. You can find some great cheap eats online. Use the subway. The MTA trip planner site makes it really easy. Stay out of people's way- they ARE at work. And-Chinatown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City