Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times

Advertisements

Woodhaven is like a milder version of Cypress Hills. Both are really unattractive and have QOL problems. I have a friend who lives on the east side of Woodhaven and she hates it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 09:37 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Morrisania has zero train service, and is part of the central Bronx...so definitely lower on the desireability scale (nevermind all the other issues). However I think if you like nature, the Bronx is the best borough...it has the most parkland by far and has the world renowned Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens, as well as Wave Hill, and some other historic grounds.
Thebout is in south fordham, not morrisania. Your lack of knowledge really shows here

Old 05-29-2013, 10:38 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,320,316 times
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy
Not going to list any areas because somehow or someway the arsonists will be out. I will give you a list of things that if I see in an area then I'm outta there.
1. Ghetto cattle being the #1 pet aka Pitbulls
2. The elevator is treated like a moving urinal.
3. It's a Chinese Restaurant but the #1 sellers are Fried Chicken wings with french fries of course Hot sauce
4. No matter what age the male is, He's referred to as "Son" Wat up Son!
5. The local Bodega/Deli on a Friday night is actually a bar inside.
6. Pant's of course are worn down pass the buttocks area exposing underwear
7. Grandmothers could be age 40
8. numerous barber shops are open throughout the night
9. When you hear at Bodega Yo gimmie a loosie
10. The best selling cigar is the philly, also finding the intestines of the cigar ripped out on the stairwell
11. When the police are driving down the block screams of "Bajando bajando"
12 Police are referred to as Po po
13. Washing your car at a hydrant with loud music is acceptable
14. Finding air mail throughout the courtyard aka garbage being flung from window
15 New years Eve is rung in with some Gun play.
16 Numerous murals with allegedly dead drug dealers with usual fancy cars or gaudy jewelry near head also maybe some scantily clad girls
17 While walking down street chips are poured into mouth
18 If mailman are afraid to deliver mail
19 If mail in the lobby is only dispensed between 4-7 under the supervision of the super>> Saw this in one area
20. delivery men refused to deliver unless met in the lobby
21. WIC acceptance is proudly displayed all over the windows
22. Check cashing stores are the main banking institution in the area.
23. Kids under 5 out in the street after midnight.
24. Pizza store also sells fried chicken and shrimps.
25 When you enter Liqour store everything is behind plexi glass
26. Numerous private homes being used for child care
27. Amazing amount of dog poop on street/ sidewalk
28. Bed Sheets being used as curtains
29. The roof being used as a spot to walk the ghetto cattle aka pit bull
30. If you punch in your area to see the amount of sex offenders that reside there and it lights up like Chinese New year
31. Any area where kids were wearing Free John Gotti tee shirts.
32. Also when you hear "Do you know my uncle is or who my dad is" The last two are in a certain Queens area.
33. Guys sitting around at night getting drunk and looking at nothing.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM

94 posts, read 214,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy
Not going to list any areas because somehow or someway the arsonists will be out. I will give you a list of things that if I see in an area then I'm outta there.
1. Ghetto cattle being the #1 pet aka Pitbulls
2. The elevator is treated like a moving urinal.
3. It's a Chinese Restaurant but the #1 sellers are Fried Chicken wings with french fries of course Hot sauce
4. No matter what age the male is, He's referred to as "Son" Wat up Son!
5. The local Bodega/Deli on a Friday night is actually a bar inside.
6. Pant's of course are worn down pass the buttocks area exposing underwear
7. Grandmothers could be age 40
8. numerous barber shops are open throughout the night
9. When you hear at Bodega Yo gimmie a loosie
10. The best selling cigar is the philly, also finding the intestines of the cigar ripped out on the stairwell
11. When the police are driving down the block screams of "Bajando bajando"
12 Police are referred to as Po po
13. Washing your car at a hydrant with loud music is acceptable
14. Finding air mail throughout the courtyard aka garbage being flung from window
15 New years Eve is rung in with some Gun play.
16 Numerous murals with allegedly dead drug dealers with usual fancy cars or gaudy jewelry near head also maybe some scantily clad girls
17 While walking down street chips are poured into mouth
18 If mailman are afraid to deliver mail
19 If mail in the lobby is only dispensed between 4-7 under the supervision of the super>> Saw this in one area
20. delivery men refused to deliver unless met in the lobby
21. WIC acceptance is proudly displayed all over the windows
22. Check cashing stores are the main banking institution in the area.
23. Kids under 5 out in the street after midnight.
24. Pizza store also sells fried chicken and shrimps.
25 When you enter Liqour store everything is behind plexi glass
26. Numerous private homes being used for child care
27. Amazing amount of dog poop on street/ sidewalk
28. Bed Sheets being used as curtains
29. The roof being used as a spot to walk the ghetto cattle aka pit bull
30. If you punch in your area to see the amount of sex offenders that reside there and it lights up like Chinese New year
31. Any area where kids were wearing Free John Gotti tee shirts.
32. Also when you hear "Do you know my uncle is or who my dad is" The last two are in a certain Queens area.
33. Guys sitting around at night getting drunk and looking at nothing.
AMEN!

LMAO @ # 17, 24, 28!

As for #6, I still don't understand these fools today. Why on Earth people do this is beyond me. Makes me wanna help them finish the job. I mean, might as well walk around with no pants.

Same thing goes for you girls out there who wear those jeans that are short at the waist line, the ones you need to jump from the 12th floor window to get into they're so tight. Nobody wants to see your plumbers crack! Especially those tacky ugly looking rainbow colored thongs that creep out halfway up your back. Whale Tail!!!!

GET SOME CLASS!

Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,975,014 times
Woodhaven is exaggerated, it's not bad. I'd say it not any different than Richmond Hill and Ozone Park. Cypress Hills is hotter than the 3 mentioned neighborhoods, but calmer than the areas south of it.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMassa View Post
Woodhaven is exaggerated, it's not bad. I'd say it not any different than Richmond Hill and Ozone Park. Cypress Hills is hotter than the 3 mentioned neighborhoods, but calmer than the areas south of it.
The houses in Woodhaven are also nicer than in Richmond Hill (maybe not nicer than the section adjacent to Kew Gardens) and Ozone Park. Especially any houses still standing that were built as Brooklyn Manor back in the day. Doesn't mean they are not rundown looking.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:36 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,807,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
The houses in Woodhaven are also nicer than in Richmond Hill (maybe not nicer than the section adjacent to Kew Gardens) and Ozone Park. Especially any houses still standing that were built as Brooklyn Manor back in the day. Doesn't mean they are not rundown looking.
I don't know about that... seems like you haven't been there in awhile... All in all... I'd say Woodhaven is starting to look more and more like Cypress Hills/South Ozone Park each day... Ozone Park still has a few decent spots whereas the only decent looking part of Woodhaven left is by the Glendale border... Similar situation goes for Richmond Hill... Some parts along Liberty and Jamaica ave. look dingy but the rest of the neighborhood seems a lot nicer than Woodhaven does...

Btw, at shadowmassa... we're not talking crimes here though... If we were, then no question Woodhaven, Ozone Park, or Richmond Hill would be on this list... We're talking about QOL though and it seems to have taken a turn south last few years or so...

Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
I don't know about that... seems like you haven't been there in awhile... All in all... I'd say Woodhaven is starting to look more and more like Cypress Hills/South Ozone Park each day... Ozone Park still has a few decent spots whereas the only decent looking part of Woodhaven left is by the Glendale border... Similar situation goes for Richmond Hill... Some parts along Liberty and Jamaica ave. look dingy but the rest of the neighborhood seems a lot nicer than Woodhaven does...

Btw, at shadowmassa... we're not talking crimes here though... If we were, then no question Woodhaven, Ozone Park, or Richmond Hill would be on this list... We're talking about QOL though and it seems to have taken a turn south last few years or so...
I said that Woodhaven has nicer housing stock, I didn't say that they were in better condition. I take the J to the Woodhaven stop once a week. In my opinion that section has looked the same for the past couple decades. I'm sure that area by City Line is worse off, but it always has been.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:23 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,319,964 times
Actually Woodhaven has some decent architecture just west of Woodhaven Boulevard. The undesirable architecture is by the Cypress Hills border as well as everywhere on the east of the Boulevard. Never been in Richmond Hill so can't comment on that

Old 05-30-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Actually Woodhaven has some decent architecture just west of Woodhaven Boulevard. The undesirable architecture is by the Cypress Hills border as well as everywhere on the east of the Boulevard. Never been in Richmond Hill so can't comment on that
East of the Blvd isn't so bad either. Bunch of big detached houses with nice porches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City