Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 01:39 PM

64 posts, read 170,146 times

Advertisements

What avenue on E87? I was just by Lexington yesterday evening (around 7:30 PM) on E87 and didn't see or hear her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 01:41 PM

424 posts, read 973,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
How long has it been now with no picture of this person?
Really, she's like the ghostly banshee NYC. I've heard her recently (and in the past) all over the city but for all the years of hearing her on the streets never actually saw her.... like an urban legend that's actually true

Old 05-08-2014, 10:47 AM

7 posts, read 13,042 times
btwn Lex and 3rd - I don't remember what time it was I just heard a series of screams(they come in blasts of 3)and then it stopped

I haven't seen her or heard her since. She has been gone from the area for a while and I was really hoping she moved on for good.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:44 PM

544 posts, read 1,526,590 times
Attention: I got pictures of her. Saw her today at the corner of 3rd avenue and 86th street. She was walking toward east. To avoid being spat at, I only got her images from behind. You can see her wiping her nose with something in her hand (no she didn't cover her nose or mouth when spitting, she was simply wiping her nose after spitting) .
Attached Thumbnails
UES residents: do you know of this crazy person?-crazywoman1.jpg   UES residents: do you know of this crazy person?-crazywoman2.jpg   UES residents: do you know of this crazy person?-crazywoman3.jpg  

Old 06-06-2014, 07:56 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,578,360 times
Default Thanks for the pics

NY123,

Thank you so much for the pics. Now we can put a face to the myth-turned-reality, lol. I was expecting to see a pic of an elderly, toothless lady with long straggly hair in appearance like a witch in a fairy tale book. This lady is much younger and appears sane if I wasn't told otherwise. Next time, get her pic from the front by walking towards her and then when you get about 10 feet away stop and abruptly cross the street or take off running back in the direction from which you came. Anything to save yourself from a wad of demonic spit coming your way because she may be on to you.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:46 PM

110 posts, read 218,673 times
OMG I see this lady all the time, usually near the 711 on 82nd and 3rd. Anytime i hear her coming I run far, far away. She is so disgusting and something really needs to be done about her. I fortunately haven't heard her screaming, but always hear her blowing snot rockets and hacking away. I've never been more grossed out by anyone! If this lady ever comes close enough to spit on me, she'll be very sorry because I WILL beat the **** out of her. I've seriously considered getting pepper spray to carry around just in case she ever tries to mess with me.

Take my advice - if you ever see or hear this woman...get far, far away from her!!! Yuck, yuck, YUCK!!!!!

Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM

7 posts, read 13,042 times
I saw her last night outside the Duane Reade on 87th and 3rd - she was carrying a giant garbage bag that looked like it was filled with plastic bottles I thought i heard her scream once or twice over the past weekend - I was walking my dogs and she was spitting and hacking on the sidewalk -

Old 06-12-2014, 01:25 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,399,613 times
Does she have an illness that makes her spot and snot all day? I almost threw up reading all of this.

Old 06-12-2014, 02:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
As far as I know, spitting on someone is legally assault, at least a misdemeanor offense and possibly a felony. How has this psychopath not been put away yet?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:28 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,449,141 times
Sometimes I have to wonder why the USA has such a problem with obviously mentally ill persons ? If they are ignored, will they go away ?

Here in Toronto, Ontario, that kind of behaviour would result in an arrest under the Ontario Mental Health Act, which states, a person who is a danger to themselves, or others, may be held for a period of 72 hours, to be examined by a group of three Medical Doctors, to determine their mental state. It is called a "form one " arrest, under the OMHA.

Typically, Police and or EMS are called to deal with a person who is acting in a anti social manner, or who is having delusions or hallucinating. The person is detained, and taken to a mental health secure facility, to be held for an assessment / interview. Those that are determined to be a "form one " patient are ordered held under a Judge's secure order, for further treatment. That can be a period of months, depending on the patient's progress. Some who are not able to be helped, may be held, in a secure mental health facility, for a long time. I know of one male, who killed three kids, who has been locked up at Pinehurst , for over 30 years. He is still considered to be a " high risk to re-offend " .

The behaviour that has been described in this post would never be allowed to continue here . We see mental illness as a community problem that needs to be managed, not ignored. By the same token we see drug addicts as medical cases, not criminals. Many Americans criticize Canada for it's "high taxes " but that is how we manage to help people like this woman, not by shunning her.

Jim B.

Toronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City