Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 11:18 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaBoy View Post
I can attest to the fact that nyc women are tougher to approach than in other cities. They definitely have a wall up. Women in LA are much friendlier from my experience. Also, some of my buddies live in Chicago and say the women there are much friendlier and approachable than here. There has to be an explanation for this.
I agree, outside of NYC women are much more friendlier. What I don't understand is that NYC is has much more women than men and the women here are less friendlier compared to out parts of America where they are higher populations of men and less women and still the women are friendlier and easy to talk with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
Look around. You see short women with tall men... and tall women with even taller men. Obviously not 100% but as a general rule it holds pretty well. But that's not NYC, that's everywhere. I'm short... know where I met my wife? Rollerblading. Adds several inches to your height :-)

Well if he's announcing $80K the ones who are looking for money are going to send him back to the minors. Also you gotta be a little subtle; flourishing the Goldman-Sachs corporate card, for instance.
Being short sucks period. Lately I have been seeing plenty of short men with similar heighted women or slightly taller, but then again these folks probably come from similar ethnic backgrounds or income brackets. Any black colored credit card will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Theres been a lot of similar threads lately where guys with atleast an average habitus and good income have voiced their frustration and dissatisfaction with NYC women. Career oriented NYC women who don't value the basic cornerstones in life and don't recognize the concept of home: a simple life with the man working a good job and the woman staying at home until the kids start school. They want something more and to explore how far their wings can carry on their own...nothing wrong with that but from the perspective of a man who wants a simple life and settle down this is the worst kind of woman and the most difficult to catch.

I concur with this. Like you I'm not asking for much, just want to simple things in life, women do make things complicated especially NY women.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:41 AM

145 posts, read 307,015 times
If you are even a remotely attractive woman living in a crowded city like NYC, you are going to be hit on by an overwhelming number of men every day if you do not put up some kind of wall. I have not found NYC women to be less friendly than other women - they just tend to be a little more discriminating with who they want to hook up with.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,247,758 times
Why would an attractive woman make herself even more attractive by dressing in a provocative way if she doesn't like the attention? And when she gets the attention she tries to look offended. She thrive on that everyday attention. If you dress like that you can't choose who you attract so you're going to get a lot of unwanted attention on the side.

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 06-04-2013 at 12:15 PM..

Old 06-04-2013, 12:15 PM

338 posts, read 677,009 times
Why do so many guys post this same type of thread every few weeks? Read the hundred other threads that all address the same issue and glean some pearls of wisdom there, or go to OKCupid. It is incredibly irritating when yet another sad sack wants to whine about how he can't get a date--it always, *always* turns into a sh**show of misogyny.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,926,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I had a woman ask me what my credit score is at a very posh Manhattan lounge last year. She is an highly educated local but can be easily mistaken as a Transplant. Instead of whipping out my Johnson, I ripped out my Credit karma app on my droid phone and showed her my credit score which she wont be able to have due to college tuition payments like most broke women in this city.
WOW ! What tacky behavior on her part.
I can understand wanting to steer clear of con-artist types, but this is always evident right away.
No need for documentation.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:54 PM

245 posts, read 317,838 times
From a NY woman.... personally, I don't care what your income is, what you drive or what your credit score is. Be interesting, ie have interests that are similar to mine. Take care of yourself - I don't care about designer labels and can't tell the difference between Hugo Boss and Old Navy, but whatever you're wearing, fill it out with a body - exercise, lift weights. Be aware of current events and have a social/political opinion that's in tune with mine.

Just like friends, dates/mates need to be people we have common interests with and can talk to.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,247,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
From a NY woman.... personally, I don't care what your income is, what you drive or what your credit score is. Be interesting, ie have interests that are similar to mine. Take care of yourself - I don't care about designer labels and can't tell the difference between Hugo Boss and Old Navy, but whatever you're wearing, fill it out with a body - exercise, lift weights. Be aware of current events and have a social/political opinion that's in tune with mine.

Just like friends, dates/mates need to be people we have common interests with and can talk to.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you!

Old 06-04-2013, 01:21 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,926,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
Try being more interesting. Making money and being tall is not interesting.
I think it is easier to say "I am short" or "I do not earn enough money" than it is to admit, "I am not very interesting ..."

Old 06-04-2013, 07:44 PM

142 posts, read 205,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBankie View Post
It is a woman's game. They have the power. They have all the options

A bit about myself...

I am tall (above 6 feet), 23 years old. Net income is around $80,000 after all my bonuses are accounted for. This is just a prerequisite to even speak to some of the women in this city.

Women judge you based on a three level system:

1.) Is he attractive?
2.) How does he look? Does he dress as if he has a good-paying job? Note: You can be attractive, but generally, women do not date below their economic class in this city.
3.) Can he convince me to want to date/see him?

YES. There are more women in NYC than there are men. HOWEVER, a large majority of the men in the city do not meet the standards of the majority of the women in the city ie.. too short, dont make enough money, not enough status, etc.

So how do you date women in New York? Be attractive, have a good job, have some game.

Most women in any U.S. state want a good looking guy with a good job. Just like most men want a pretty woman that can cook him a hot meal.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:43 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,037,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post

Just my 2 cents.

YOu sound like an old school NYC female.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBankie View Post
It is a woman's game. They have the power. They have all the options

A bit about myself...

I am tall (above 6 feet), 23 years old. Net income is around $80,000 after all my bonuses are accounted for. This is just a prerequisite to even speak to some of the women in this city.

Women judge you based on a three level system:

1.) Is he attractive?
2.) How does he look? Does he dress as if he has a good-paying job? Note: You can be attractive, but generally, women do not date below their economic class in this city.
3.) Can he convince me to want to date/see him?

YES. There are more women in NYC than there are men. HOWEVER, a large majority of the men in the city do not meet the standards of the majority of the women in the city ie.. too short, dont make enough money, not enough status, etc.

So how do you date women in New York? Be attractive, have a good job, have some game.
Transplant women generally look for the things I have bolded. WHen it comes to dating in NYC Transplant women and Native Women are two different specimens kind of like apples and oranges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City