Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,270,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Fire Island did have those too but this year the authorities have publicly announced a crack down on nudity and it will no longer be tolerated.
Except for the parts that are privately owned, like Fire Island Pines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,892,947 times
Sobro, I'm not sure if you have any children. But the section of Riis park beach I talked about above is a mixture of topless and gay. And while I'm very pro-gay I don't think I would wanna take my little girl to a place where guys flamboyantly cover their junk with socks and women walk topless holding hands.
And I agree that's human nature but I wouldnt want to expose my girl who is still a child without developed discerning skills to that kind environment. When the time is right she will know all about it.

Now if the nude setting was family oriented as it in certain beaches, parks and communities I wouldn't have a problem at all.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM

88,237 posts, read 84,175,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I Remember the days of laying totally naked at Jones Beach way back in the day. Just a comfortable feeling.
Americans have such horrible hangups about nudity.

Seriously, we all know what a naked body looks like....
And the majority of them are pretty ugly, especially in the harsh sunlight, which is why there aren't that many nude beaches.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,645,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And the majority of them are pretty ugly, especially in the harsh sunlight, which is why there aren't that many nude beaches.
American are too obese, all race, no exception. It is good that many of them are shy away from nude beaches. European nude beaches are better. Their average figure is above average by our standard.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:11 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,866,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Riis tolerates topless women, but not full nudity.

There's the gay section and right next to it is the topless area.

It's a very interesting place to visit, but not with children.

When I was there 2 yrs ago, I saw this tall, muscular black male, walking with what people thought was a third leg, that was covered with something like a sock.
It was very amusing to see the furor he cuased amongst other beach-goers.
Because of that, the neighbors in the area started calling the police on people. People would have SEX, especially in the gay section. So there is no current nudity in Riis Park because of it. I mean, if you do it, you could get BUSTED.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Sobro, I'm not sure if you have any children. But the section of Riis park beach I talked about above is a mixture of topless and gay. And while I'm very pro-gay I don't think I would wanna take my little girl to a place where guys flamboyantly cover their junk with socks and women walk topless holding hands.
And I agree that's human nature but I wouldnt want to expose my girl who is still a child without developed discerning skills to that kind environment. When the time is right she will know all about it.

Now if the nude setting was family oriented as it in certain beaches, parks and communities I wouldn't have a problem at all.
They were openly having sex in some places, especially in the dunes.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Writerdude,

I have recently read there is some considerable nudity at Riis Park but I have no personal experience, at least none that is not more than 2 decades old.
No, they haven't had that in years. As noted, people got busted. Neighbors complained about the literal sex on the beach, particularly in the gay section that was close to homes.

If there is any current nudity or whatever going on in the Rockaways, it might be near Fort Tilden which isn't near any homes. Ft. Tilden has an extensive bit of DUNES one can go in.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM

18,386 posts, read 31,507,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
oh, so that's why there are no nude beaches, because in the harsh sunlight people are pretty ugly....

I always wondered why? thank you for clearing that up for me....I would have never guessed.

Nude beaches are for the freedom of just being natural and naked, or something to that effect.

It is not for the exhibition of parading ones gorgeous body for all to see....so your statement was actually insulting for all the people that are not considered a "10"

Last edited by nightcrawler; 06-06-2013 at 08:26 AM..

Old 06-06-2013, 08:21 AM

18,386 posts, read 31,507,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Because of that, the neighbors in the area started calling the police on people. People would have SEX, especially in the gay section. So there is no current nudity in Riis Park because of it. I mean, if you do it, you could get BUSTED.

Maybe that was before the 90's, since that is when I started going there....and I have never seen anything going on, as the little dunes there near the old nursing home are not very dense....so there is zero privacy....and there are no neighborhs near the gay section anyway, so who are these so called neighbors, other than a few seagulls....

Old 06-06-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Maybe that was before the 90's, since that is when I started going there....and I have never seen anything going on, as the little dunes there near the old nursing home are not very dense....so there is zero privacy....and there are no neighborhs near the gay section anyway, so who are these so called neighbors, other than a few seagulls....
There are houses to the side, where they could look out their windows and see activity in the DUNES. And yes, there was activity there in the 90s. You can google old cruising gay websites that listed Riis as a cruisig hook up area. It happened big time. Plus they had one or two parties a year in the gay section that really got wild, and of course the neighbors hated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City