Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:12 PM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't have a problem with Whites moving to Bed-Stuy. Race is not a concern for me. However, judging by the tone of your post, it looks like you want Blacks out of Bed-Stuy. Would you feel the same joy of new residents moving in if the new residents were middle class Blacks?
You'll see a lot of this in Bed-Stuy as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 03:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
You'll see a lot of this in Bed-Stuy as well.
I would probably suspect as much. I was responding to something that I felt was rather narcissist. To me, it seemed as if said person was making a comment insinuating basically "certain races are better than others".

Old 06-10-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I would probably suspect as much. I was responding to something that I felt was rather narcissist. To me, it seemed as if said person was making a comment insinuating basically "certain races are better than others".
Maybe he insinuates that. We'll have to wait for him to respond. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he thinks it has more to do with the fact that Bed-Stuy hasn't had very much diversity in a long time, and now it is starting to see some.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Maybe he insinuates that. We'll have to wait for him to respond. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, and assume he thinks it has more to do with the fact that Bed-Stuy hasn't had very much diversity in a long time, and now it is starting to see some.
The diversity, I don't mind at all in the least bit. I have hard time giving people the benefit of the doubt. One reason is because it's hard to tell. Maybe said person wasn't clear enough about what he/she said. I don't know.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:51 PM

Quote:
The diversity, I don't mind at all in the least bit. I have hard time giving people the benefit of the doubt. One reason is because it's hard to tell. Maybe said person wasn't clear enough about what he/she said. I don't know.
BTW, from a previous post on an different thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'm a Black American, born in Queens. I went to Cornell. I too like hipster places, partially because I'm a writer and I can sort of network when I go out.

As far as immigrants go, overall I do appreciate what immigrants have done for parts of the city. Before you had big corporate investment, immigrants were the ones opening up restaurant, fruit stands, etc in poor neighborhoods so people had places to eat besides McDonalds and crappy bodegas. Immigrants also opened up stores in areas that were poorly served. After New York got more "transplants" you then saw large corporate investment in the form of CVS, Duane Reade, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, other grocery stores, and other businesses.

I notice as neighborhoods get promoted and investors by real estate, the MTA bothers to fix up stations in those neighborhoods. Overall I like it.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
BTW, from a previous post on an different thread.
Oh, okay. I am someone who have trouble trusting what some people say.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:40 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Pratt would be suprised to hear that since its in Clinton Hill.
Yes, your 100% correct. Look's like 4 blocks outside of Ft Greene.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:42 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times
Quote:
I said a couple blocks west, of bed-stuy that is. A lot closer to bed-stuy than that area by Flatbush ave that was mentioned earlier. Classon ave would be the Bed-Stuy/Clinton Hill border.
Yes, your 100% right. Didn't realize pretty far East of Flatbush. 10 Blks at least.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Oh, okay. I am someone who have trouble trusting what some people say.
Although it shouldn't matter what race he is, a comments a comment.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
For those of you screaming its all real estate hype, yesterday on the A train (I went to the Rockaways to take pictures), I saw a majority of white people on stations like Nostrand Avenue on the A, Kingston-Troop, and even a fair number at Utica Avenue. So Gentrification is moving in that deep into Bedstuy. There were no white faces at Ralph Avenue, but that is on the border of Brownsville.

Now, granted, a lot of white people around say Utica Avenue doesn't meant that part of Bedstuy is white full of whites, but it does mean they have a rapidly expanding population there.
Past Utica on the A train is pretty much all black or Asian with sprinkles of Hispanics and a couple token whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City