Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:49 AM

77 posts, read 367,285 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am thinkink to move out of nyc due to the high cost of life, and The feelng of
A rat race kind of lifestyle, .

I was thinkng of north carolina, a place where (maybe ) you can find a
Job and have a life, friends, buy a house

Where yould you relocate to if you want t get out of ny?

Thanks ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 06:58 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
I would go to Palm Springs California. I love the dry desert climate. I have been there several times, and to me, it is heaven on Earth.

I absolutely love every single thing about it. It is a much better quality of life.

Now how many more days until retirement?

Old 10-05-2011, 07:34 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblock View Post
Hi,

I am thinkink to move out of nyc due to the high cost of life, and The feelng of
A rat race kind of lifestyle, .

I was thinkng of north carolina, a place where (maybe ) you can find a
Job and have a life, friends, buy a house

Where yould you relocate to if you want t get out of ny?

Thanks ;-)

^^^I feel your "pain" and can relate.

If I had a choice; it would be near my family in Florida, but the economy/job-market sucks there (not to mention the payscale!!!!)! So I'm "stuck" here for now..........

Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,817,252 times
My wife and I felt the same way.
So after 10 years of wishing my life would be better than what it was in Greenwich Village, we saved up a hefty down payment, and bought a house in Nevada.
Moved in in March of this year.
Never looked back.

Life is S H O R T...waaaaaay too short to be unhappy.
Moderator cut: Copyright issue: Images are not in the public domain.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 10-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Copyright issue

Old 10-05-2011, 07:56 AM

615 posts, read 1,676,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
So after 10 years of wishing my life would be better than what it was in Greenwich Village, we saved up a hefty down payment, and bought a house in Nevada.
Never looked back.

Isn't that the truth; particularly after horrific events in NYC! Enjoy your new home/life!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:06 AM

77 posts, read 367,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Never looked back.

that is great StaggerLee, so you have a mortgage now, may I ask you was it
easy to find a new job in Nevada?

Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 AM

398 posts, read 698,808 times
Yay another dreaming our way out of NY thread! I am off to central Maine in a couple of weeks. Strangely enough, I've always wanted to move to Maine (although that was the coast, which is sadly not to be). But I am now looking forward to an easier job, easier commute to it (by bicycle!) and a quiet life with my husband - and the occasional lobster.

I cannot picture coming back to NY once I'm settled elsewhere. It is just not the life for me anymore.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:22 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,817,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneblock View Post
that is great StaggerLee, so you have a mortgage now, may I ask you was it
easy to find a new job in Nevada?

This state {Nevada} is the worst state in the Union for finds jobs.
God must have been smiling on me because I got the first job I applied for.
...and on Nov 1, I'm taking a physical exam for the state Dept. of Corrections.
So far so good.

I'm never gonna be a rich man. This I know.
So as long as I have enough to get by and still save some AND have some change for the occasional treat---I'M FINE.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
I too would love to leave NYC and start life a new somewhere else in this great country of ours. Im tired of NYC, all of the hustle bustle, the everyday rat race, the decline of authnetic NYC in favor of homogenous suburban style with starbucks, flip flops and more iphone4s to count. I dont understand how can anyone move to NYC besides immigrants where rents are expensive and the quality of life is almost like places inIndia and China. Why I wanna leave NYC because I wanna improve my quality of living. I have been couhging up green and yellow stuff everyday and picking up my nose, the air here in the city is really bad, I dont know how people can jog in this enviornment while the air is pretty bad. Two you really cant raise a family in NYC, there has been a decline in services for child care in NYC such as after school programs, if not parents expect family members to flip the bill to take care of your kids while parents work or play. Three city is very expensive, paying 15 dollars for a shot of vodka wtf, outragous rents and the cost of commute keeps going up, taxes, taxes, taxes. Four another reason why I wanna leave NYC is the lack of gun ownership. five the last real reason is why I wanna leave NYC is for the women, outside women tend to be more laidback and laxed and have less damage goods, while here in NYC to many women with baby father drama and other issues. I would like to move to the south however that place is religous as the talibanm however southern women are hot. I would probably move maybe upstate or maybe move to the west coast with places like Seattle or Portland. As for now Im stuck in NYC because I have a sick mom and I have to help raise my sisters kids. You cant take the New York out of a New Yorker!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:23 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,268,149 times
I'd move to Montana. Have a few horses and enjoy being away from the hustle.

Another place I might go would be Detroit--yes Detroit. The real estate is extremely inexpensive and there are good neighborhoods in that city. It's slowly clawing its way back out of decades of decline and has a lot of the gritty character NYC no longer has. I would certainly keep a loaded gun handy, but luckily the gun ownership laws in Michigan are a lot more lax. ha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City