Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 11:40 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,714,443 times

Advertisements

I had this idea set up a website for my large 52 story apartment building in order to make money somehow.

-an unofficial website would be set up, the landlord would not be involved. Flyers would be put under people's doors informing them of the website. Then they could go to the website and post in a forum any topic (but within polite, non-harrasing forum rules)

Could I make money off this somehow? Maybe get local business to advertise on it if I could show that people from the building were going to the site?

Or perhaps some other way of making money as an intermediary between people, some kind of services exchanged?

It's a fun idea perhaps with no money involved but I don't have the time for it unless I could make some money from it. There's a gym/pool and laundry room in the building but apart from that I'm guessing that in this particular building there is not that much interaction between people in different apartments. People don't hang around much outside the front of the building, it's a lot of business people who probably don't have that much leisure time.

So I suppose in theory people might be able to exchange services or coordinate social activities, meet each other, write reviews of local businesses (and no illegal transactions-I wouldn't want to be involved in that)

So this website I'm describing, does it sound like it has money making potential, if not by the interactions by pure ad revenue frorm local businesses posting ads on it?

I'm also assuming the landlord would not know about it or not care if they did or if it was a problem I could try to remain anonymous if they might.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City