Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,689,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Ps, CPOP has been gone for years and never included more than a few cops per command anyway.
Once again seen both sides of the "Game". Yeah, that 123pct guy is busting his hump. You remind me of the some crew of angry people the other night on Bell Blvd. Ranting against teachers. "Look at the 4th grade tests" These teachers are imbeciles! Meanwhile none of them had college degrees. Secondly, when the bartender said to the angry camp aka off duty cops " Hey try teaching 4th grade in an area where none of the kids speak english". Nice hush tone came over the place before they started ranting on how they made some big weed or crim tres. collar. How many "House mouses on the PD? How many are hiding out in every pct/command? Ado, SH security, Aux Cordinator, Role call LMAO on that one, Ico helper? 25% of every NYPD Pct/command doesnt go on the streets. I forgot about the tough guys/gals in the light blue windbreakers. Before you throw stones make sure your not in a glass house. I love cops, have family there and lots of buddies there. From what I hear most of the BS collars that come through would never been approved 20 years ago when their was actual crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Once again seen both sides of the "Game". Yeah, that 123pct guy is busting his hump. You remind me of the some crew of angry people the other night on Bell Blvd. Ranting against teachers. "Look at the 4th grade tests" These teachers are imbeciles! Meanwhile none of them had college degrees. Secondly, when the bartender said to the angry camp aka off duty cops " Hey try teaching 4th grade in an area where none of the kids speak english". Nice hush tone came over the place before they started ranting on how they made some big weed or crim tres. collar. How many "House mouses on the PD? How many are hiding out in every pct/command? Ado, SH security, Aux Cordinator, Role call LMAO on that one, Ico helper? 25% of every NYPD Pct/command doesnt go on the streets. I forgot about the tough guys/gals in the light blue windbreakers. Before you throw stones make sure your not in a glass house. I love cops, have family there and lots of buddies there. From what I hear most of the BS collars that come through would never been approved 20 years ago when their was actual crime.
FDNY and NYPD are both full of ****.

FDNY has it easier though.

As Airborne said, when sleeping and shopping for dinner are an integral part of the job, something's very wrong.

I'm not a cop and don't have any family or friends as cops. It's just what I see on the ground and from raw data ( fire calls v. accident calls).

Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
I agree.

Cops do have it good but "having it good" doesn't even describe the FDNY.

Firefighters barely fight fires anymore. Upwards of 80% of calls are for accidents and medical emergencies. It's a total joke. NYFD firefighters literally get paid in the top 15% of wage earners in this country for sitting on their ass. My father has done renovation work on numerous firehouses and the story is always the same. Firefighters sitting on their ass the vast majority of the time.

Cops and firefighters have to propagandize their work (the"bravest"/"finest") because if anyone takes a rational look they'll realize that the FDNY and NYPD are full of sh/it. Their jobs aren't anymore dangerous than a few handfuls of other professions and their cries of poverty are nothing more than lies.
2012 Second Busiest In 148-Year FDNY History - Fire Apparatus

Old 06-25-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
FDNY and NYPD are both full of ****.

FDNY has it easier though.
BTW I'm neither a Fireman or a Cop. But I do hate envious people. Hey, pass the physical and take the test. hey, if your tough enough to walk a beat in the 4-6 in the Bronx then take the test. But as the economy soured all of a sudden the "haters" come out. As people who had cushy jobs lost bonuses and "Lunch Time tabs and their nights out in the Macanudo Club then the civil servants are the problem. Fox news and the Post and rail away against pension people but a lot of waste out there before cops, teachers,fireman, and sanit men starting getting pensions.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:22 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
I just don't like firemen, I thought I made that clear. It's not about comparisons because you can't compare a job where people get to legally sleep to any other job, especially policing. Firefighting is a volunteer job in most municipalities in this country. That says everything that needs to be said.

I came from a part of the military where boasting was frowned upon. After that, I was just never able to wrap my head around the fact that boasting seems to be an unofficial job requirement on the FDNY.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:22 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
Nowadays (the vast majority of)"emergencies" = accidents and medical calls. Not fires.

Go try pulling your **** on someone else.

Quote:
The decline of demand has created a problem for firefighters. What Fred McChesney wrote some 10 years ago is even more true today:
Taxpayers are unlikely to support budget increases for fire departments if they see firemen lolling about the firehouse. So cities have created new, highly visible jobs for their firemen. The Wall Street Journal reported recently, “In Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami, for example, 90% of the emergency calls to firehouses are to accompany ambulances to the scene of auto accidents and other medical emergencies. Elsewhere, to keep their employees busy, fire departments have expanded into neighborhood beautification, gang intervention, substitute-teaching and other downtime pursuits.” In the Illinois township where I live, the fire department drives its trucks to accompany all medical emergency vehicles, then directs traffic around the ambulance—a task which, however valuable, seemingly does not require a hook-and-ladder.
- See more at: http://marginalrevolution.com/margin....8vUiN2FW.dpuf
http://marginalrevolution.com/margin...ght-fires.html

Old 06-25-2013, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Nowadays (the vast majority of)"emergencies" = accidents and medical calls. Not fires.

Go try pulling your **** on someone else.

Firefighters Don’t Fight Fires
It"s aholes like you that I tell buddies if God forbid another 9/11, stay put.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:51 PM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Ok? Lol

Old 06-25-2013, 10:53 PM

Actually, I take that back. No way would a active cop post here in case of IAB.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:57 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,517 times
Well, this has gone well!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City