Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Over the years especially during his final illegal 3rd term, the mayor of this city just says some of the most zany comments out there in politics. Do you guys think Bloomberg is just straight nuts, delusional, stupid or crazy. Here are links of comments over the years which have bbecome very controversial.

Outrage after Mayor Bloomberg says whites are stopped and frisked more frequently than minorities - m.NYPOST.com

Bloomberg: "No One Is Sleeping On The Streets" - NY1

Inc.com

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/29/ny...bout.html?_r=0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 04:57 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
I'll opt for crazy, lol.

And maybe he doesn't want to admit that the NYPD, to a degree, is FAILING.

To show additional substantial declines in crime, the city would have to get more people working. The city would need businesses that hire lots of people to operate in the interior parts of Brooklyn, the Bronx, upper Manhattan, etc. Or with cutbacks in social services,

Old 06-30-2013, 05:44 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,073,996 times
Oh he really stuck both feet in his mouth this time didn't he?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:12 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,440 times
Neither.

He lives in a completely different world and in this world what he says is rational.

Truth is relative. Not universal.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 13,959,968 times
^ exactly.

Besides being a billionaire from the start, he is now a long entrenched politician. He hasn't operated in the real world of regular people since the early eighties. I still can't believe he won that last election. I proudly voted for Thompson.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:15 AM

588 posts, read 947,559 times
True, but most of the candidates running sound even worse.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:53 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Certainly boneheaded statements on his part.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:00 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
^ exactly.

Besides being a billionaire from the start, he is now a long entrenched politician. He hasn't operated in the real world of regular people since the early eighties. I still can't believe he won that last election. I proudly voted for Thompson.
I also voted for Thompson, despite not knowing anything about him.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,969,530 times
[quote=Bronxguyanese;30258921]Over the years especially during his final illegal 3rd term,/quote]

I am always confused by someone being an "illegal" major of NYC--such a big public figure in a world class country that is known for respecting law and human rights. Nobody/organization/party ever even tried to convict him for being an unlawful mayor at the state or federal level? It seems that he has been accepted without any legal resistance so after all it was not an illegal act on his part.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:14 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times
[quote=leoliu;30264633]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Over the years especially during his final illegal 3rd term,/quote]

I am always confused by someone being an "illegal" major of NYC--such a big public figure in a world class country that is known for respecting law and human rights. Nobody/organization/party ever even tried to convict him for being an unlawful mayor at the state or federal level? It seems that he has been accepted without any legal resistance so after all it was not an illegal act on his part.
He bought his way in to change and sway public opinion, to some better degree it may have worked in his favor with support of some of his constituents. He is a billionaire if it was any other mayor that mayor would have been impeached by the city council or would have had federal charges placed against them. Bloomberg's fat wallets paid off plenty of people. He sent undercover NYPD cops to gun selling states to make seem gun purchases were illegal bought. He is probably one of Americas zaniest Mayors around IMHO. Hell he said whites don't get frisked that much and minorities too little. I can admit I have seen whites get stopped and frisk but that was only during occupy wall street. The only whites that I do see get stop and frisked are typical NYC ethnic whites like Italians, Slavs, Albanians, Russians, generally whites in these ethnic groups are sometimes up to no good just like Hispanic and Black counterparts. But do Hipsters get stopped and frisk, Yuppies, Transplants, Jews who all are primarily white? No. Its not the fact that there is no high crime amongst the group I mentioned in the previous sentence, but believe me plenty of hipster, yuppie transplant do plenty of drugs and carry around narcotics all day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City