Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Nah I'm not a peta preacher but I do enjoy making those side comments to people who wear fur. Especially the old rich ues woman

lol...I know what you mean!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 01:55 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
cool...I asked because I knew a few people who liked to get all preachy sometimes but had no problem scarfing down a steak and sporting new $500 leather boots lol
Yes, we all do.

However ... it is important not to discourage people from making even small moves in the right direction.
It isn't all-or-nothing. If many people made very small changes, it would add up. Then people would be encouraged to make more changes. And so on.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Nah I'm not a peta preacher but I do enjoy making those side comments to people who wear fur. Especially the old rich ues woman
Most people have little understanding of PETA. Keep in mind that they are opposed to companion animals.

But there is nothing negative about the merit of many of their causes.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:16 PM

265 posts, read 534,800 times
Quote:
I ask that cause it may make you a target. If you are riding the train past the "hood" eyes may be on you since everyday folks can't afford to wear furs daily.

See even though I don't condone wearing fur I still care about the OP well being.
livingsingle-thanks, I appreciate your honesty and general concern. I'm going to refrain from the furs and give up the dream lol. (Not to say I won't pull the one I own out on "special occasions")...but afterall its faux, and its not like im going to be donning it to work everyday. Thanks again.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:18 PM

7,844 posts, read 13,229,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
Yes, we all do.

However ... it is important not to discourage people from making even small moves in the right direction.
It isn't all-or-nothing. If many people made very small changes, it would add up. Then people would be encouraged to make more changes. And so on.
I don't agree entirely. I can't see someone being a radical animal activist while eating meat and wearing clothing made from animals. That's not making a small step. I am against animal cruelty but I don't attack anyone for wearing a fur and then go grab a burger--know what I mean?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I don't agree entirely. I can't see someone being a radical animal activist while eating meat and wearing clothing made from animals. That's not making a small step. I am against animal cruelty but I don't attack anyone for wearing a fur and then go grab a burger--know what I mean?
Well, of course ! That's not what I meant. Being against fur does not make one a "radical animal activist" - far from it.

I will say that few real PETA people are hypocrites. That's not the problem, but this would be a different thread.

I meant that for your "Joe Average" person, we should encourage even small changes. What people are wiling to do at the moment. If someone shuns fur but eats a burger ...? Hey, let's praise what they ARE doing rather than criticize them for what they aren't.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:39 PM

17 posts, read 15,688 times
I have a russian fur hat. Never been hassled by hood rats or crooks, but gt stink eye from some anial rights skeezer a few years ago

Old 07-10-2013, 05:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
In the Soviet Union fur makes you an easy mark.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:42 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nice View Post
I have a russian fur hat. Never been hassled by hood rats or crooks, but gt stink eye from some anial rights skeezer a few years ago
Are you sure that Russian fur hat was not made in neighboring China?

Old 07-10-2013, 05:59 PM

17 posts, read 15,688 times
Coulda been bro. But ya know what I mean itsa furry hat the Russians wear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City