U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 06:05 PM

10,938 posts, read 8,173,671 times

Advertisements

Drunk guy had a little bit too much liquid courage and berated a black couple by calling them the n word. The black guy clocked his lights out and he hit the pavement smashing his skull on concrete.

Drunk guy was upset about losing his job and wife so he went on a racial tirade.

Man punched
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 PM

853 posts, read 1,077,769 times
Good.

Old 07-13-2013, 07:51 PM

2,895 posts, read 5,706,383 times
Just got what he was asking for.
that's all there's to the story.

Old 07-13-2013, 08:49 PM

274 posts, read 648,558 times
I don't think the guy who punched the man to be that injured first off. Second, the drunk guy would not leave the premises. What surprises me is no charge has been made to the drunk guy. Granted, I don't expect a serious charge but something eventually.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:08 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,159,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Drunk guy had a little bit too much liquid courage and berated a black couple by calling them the n word. The black guy clocked his lights out and he hit the pavement smashing his skull on concrete.

Drunk guy was upset about losing his job and wife so he went on a racial tirade.

Man punched
Finally a good news story

Old 07-13-2013, 11:02 PM

10,918 posts, read 29,981,087 times
While the drunk man was clearly out of line, the business should have called the police and filed a trespass complaint, at minimum. The man who was insulted exacted a vengeance, but now has an arrest record, and likely conviction, fleeting seconds of victory in this regard. He was not in physical danger, so the response was not proportional to the incident. He is very lucky that the man who fell on the ground did not die, or he would be facing serious prison time. As it is, he's likely facing years of litigation and legal bills from a civil lawsuit, even if the drunk man was in the wrong because his violent response was not proportional to the verbal tirade with which he was met.

Just call the police and report harassment, walk away, report it to the business owner so they can order the person to leave, and if they will not, the police will arrest the other party for trespassing. I don't find any lasting victory when the man who was insulted is taken off to jail, legitimately, as he did assault and injure the other party.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 07-14-2013, 02:05 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 56,734,246 times
I am a black guy and so tired of hearing stories in the media about black people getting upset about the N-word.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:46 AM

25,539 posts, read 22,458,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
While the drunk man was clearly out of line, the business should have called the police and filed a trespass complaint, at minimum. The man who was insulted exacted a vengeance, but now has an arrest record, and likely conviction, fleeting seconds of victory in this regard. He was not in physical danger, so the response was not proportional to the incident. He is very lucky that the man who fell on the ground did not die, or he would be facing serious prison time. As it is, he's likely facing years of litigation and legal bills from a civil lawsuit, even if the drunk man was in the wrong because his violent response was not proportional to the verbal tirade with which he was met.

Just call the police and report harassment, walk away, report it to the business owner so they can order the person to leave, and if they will not, the police will arrest the other party for trespassing. I don't find any lasting victory when the man who was insulted is taken off to jail, legitimately, as he did assault and injure the other party.
The Black man is facing misdemeanor charges, so its not like he has a felony. So in short, though I am sorry it came to this, its not like his life is over. The black guy, according to Daily News, was trying to help the stumbling white guy. The stumbling white guy decided, "This n-word wants to fight me!" The drunk wanted a fight, and he got a fight. His skull got cracked open. Its this time of drunken racist that would think nothing of assaulting someone, only he got into it with the wrong one and got seriously hurt.

And really, if the Black guy doesn't have much money, suing him will do no good. I guess the white guy will think twice about calling someone the n-word, or going out and drinking in general.

Which brings me to another point . Considering that people can get more aggressive when drunk, and your reflexes is good, perhaps the society really needs to address drinking. The city has a lot of bars, and people in certain fields drink a lot at professional events. But I think people underestimate the dangers of drinking. I stopped after I had too much to drink at an event and passed out in the subway, to wake up and find my smartphone stolen. Thank god nothing worse happened. With that said, a crazy drunk white guy coming at you saying this ****** wants to fight me is certainly an act of aggression. I don't think what the black guy did was so out of proportion. A drunk person calling you ****** like that can mean the person is about to violently assault you. Perhaps the drunk white guy should have remembered, "If you don't have anything NICE to SAY about SOMEONE, don't SAY anything at all!"

And lastly, don't come out at people with HATE of any sort. The white drunk gave off a lot of hate, and look where it got him. You cannot go around assaulting random people, because if you assault the wrong one, there can be serious consequences. And unfortunately in this case there was.

Last edited by NyWriterdude; 07-14-2013 at 03:18 AM..

Old 07-14-2013, 03:40 AM

599 posts, read 1,029,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I am a black guy and so tired of hearing stories in the media about black people getting upset about the N-word.
Yeah, i understand you my brotha. Im from the Mississippi Delta, man you know how many times I've heard the N-word. It doesn't bother me. See we have been called that for so long, we got so accustomed to it we started using it. That word is not a representation of black people it's representation of ignorance. I'm black and proud man, we're just different and always will be. It's a Blessing!

Old 07-14-2013, 04:01 AM

25,539 posts, read 22,458,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-SSiPP View Post
Yeah, i understand you my brotha. Im from the Mississippi Delta, man you know how many times I've heard the N-word. It doesn't bother me. See we have been called that for so long, we got so accustomed to it we started using it. That word is not a representation of black people it's representation of ignorance. I'm black and proud man, we're just different and always will be. It's a Blessing!
But this was beyond calling someone the n-word. This was a drunken may saying this n-word wants to fight me. This was an extremely volatile and dangerous situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: