Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 11:43 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon1 View Post
So Soho, Park Slope, Fort Greene, Clinton Hill, Prospect Heights, LIC, LES, Wash Heights (safety wise), Hell's Kitchen, Times Square Area have all seen less change than Bushwick and the greater Bed-stuy region...
Quote:
that's your comeback... you're slipping g-dale... and also with every new post you only continue to show your ignorance... please quit before you make a complete fool of yourself... Point is, if you look at Bushwick/The entire Bed-stuy area aesthetics wise, demographics speaking, housing wise, median income, household income, schooling, and any other number of socio-economic factors, the level of change can be considered minimal when compared to a host of other areas throughout the city and especially in many Manhattan areas, and other areas in North Brooklyn and central brooklyn...
You're right, I'm wrong. All of those neighborhoods faced as much, if not more, blight than Bushwick/Bed-Stuy ever did. Bushwick and Bed-Stuy could never of been as bad as Park Slope or Fort Greene used to be. Same for SoHo and LIC, even though they were primarily industrial with such a small residential population, were so much worse.

Plus, the OP was only going back 10 years.

Last edited by ShirlMastic Beach; 07-25-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Didn't your mother teach you how to behave in public? Disturbing the peace is not cool. Its this kind of behavior that created a backlash against poor people in the city (and yes, not everyone is guilty of that). If you need to talk to your friends, invite them to your place or you go there's.
if theyre just hanging out on the stoop....no fighting or shooting or anything like that i dnt see wtf is wrong with that.......and this is another reason y ppl dnt like these condescending yuppies and hipsters........cnt have a house party (even if its peaceful), god FORBID ppl do a favorite pastime tradition like have a block party, esp if theres no gluten free vegan food involved......hangin on the stoop jus kickin it and the block parties little girls playing double dutch was part of what gave NYC the soul and flavor that you yuppies and hipsters killed and erased.....smdh.......

Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM

857 posts, read 1,200,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Dale View Post
You're right, I'm wrong. All of those neighborhoods faced as much, if not more, blight than Bushwick/Bed-Stuy ever did. Bushwick and Bed-Stuy could never of been as bad as Park Slope or Fort Greene used to be. Same for SoHo and LIC, even though they were primarily industrial with such a small residential population, were so much worse.
u must not know NY all that well......as recently as 2006 Bushwick looked like west baltimore......

Old 07-25-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
u must not know NY all that well......as recently as 2006 Bushwick looked like west baltimore......
I know nothing about this city......a lot can change in 7 years, especially when the city and state pump funds into it.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,924,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Plus a lot of the ghetto people do work.
"Ghetto people" do not work. Educate yourself carefully about the distinction between "ghetto," a set of cultural choices and allegiances where gainful unemployment is an assumption, and the working poor.

The working poor are seldom "ghetto."

Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:

Plus, the OP was only going back 10 years.
Take my advice... I beg you...

Old 07-25-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Take my advice... I beg you...
When you can provide some type of information, whether statistical or qualitative, or anything other than just saying so, I'll stop. Until then your nothing but a little *****.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:17 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,806,576 times
Quote:
When you can provide some type of information, whether statistical or qualitative, or anything other than just saying so, I'll stop. Until then your nothing but a little *****.
When you resort to taunts, that's when you know you've lost the argument... I don't need to provide jack**** for you... the info is widely available for anyone with half a brain... Additionally, born and bred New Yorkers know your exaggeration of Bushwick/Bed-stuy seeing the most change out of any area in the entire city is completely ludicrous... It truly does speak to your lack of knowledge of this city...

Old 07-25-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
When you resort to taunts, that's when you know you've lost the argument... I don't need to provide jack**** for you... the info is widely available for anyone with half a brain... Additionally, born and bred New Yorkers know your exaggeration of Bushwick/Bed-stuy seeing the most change out of any area in the entire city is completely ludicrous... It truly does speak to your lack of knowledge of this city...
Who's been doing the taunting?

Quote:
with every new post you only continue to show your ignorance... please quit before you make a complete fool of yourself
Quote:
Stupidest statement made on here yet...

When you remove your head from the toilet please do yourself a favor and stop claiming that you're a born and bred new yorker... Nobody believes you...

Old 07-25-2013, 02:25 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,033,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter2219 View Post
Thank you, I totally agree with you on this and I hate arguing with Gdale, his points makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
"Ghetto people" do not work. Educate yourself carefully about the distinction between "ghetto," a set of cultural choices and allegiances where gainful unemployment is an assumption, and the working poor.

The working poor are seldom "ghetto."
Much of the working poor is just trying to get by.

Quote:
I have been saying this for a while now that Gdale lacks information about the city, telling me about how Bushwick and Bedstuy changed so much, only a small tiny section of Bedstuy near Pratt that has changed and gets all the rave but once you travel more east into Bedstuy it turns depressing. This guy is ill informed about NYC.

Both of you will receive rep points from me for pointing out this heretic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City