Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 08:22 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,061,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
It only goes one way? I've seen Black people say some very nasty and cruel things to/about Latinos. Of course not everyone acts this way. Let's try to remember folks.
And there are Blacks who have said nasty things to/about other races. Or there are Blacks who say nasty things about other Blacks based on religion/national origin/ethnicity. Prejudice exists everywhere. Its still terrible, but making things out to be one sided is ridiculous.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:27 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,630,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
I'll never understand who so many Black people assume that Puerto Ricans are somehow there friends. Most of Puerto Ricans I've met have display a rather strong prejudice toward Black people.
Agree. My experiences have been that many hispanics don't like to associate with blacks. Not all but many don't. Not saying black people don't feel the same way, but not nearly on the same level as hispanics in general. Pretty sad if you ask me. Think things would be different if people actually made the effort to befriend people of races other than their own. But for many...I guess that is completely out of the question.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:36 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,430,315 times
puerto ricans and blacks just have tolerance for each other because they live side by side.
there is still a language barrier there tho, so it's not always a cordial relationship. it's like
dealing with any other group of people. Some you can deal with and some you can't.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:52 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,285,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
puerto ricans and blacks just have tolerance for each other because they live side by side.
there is still a language barrier there tho, so it's not always a cordial relationship. it's like
dealing with any other group of people. Some you can deal with and some you can't.
Most puerto ricans that live in neighborhoods with black people know English.

Old 12-20-2013, 09:54 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,410,384 times
This thread is dumb...and trying to make sweeping generalizations is pointless. Most groups get along with eachother because they have to...the end.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Most puerto ricans that live in neighborhoods with black people know English.

true but they still know spanish too and have different musical, food and cultural tastes.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:42 PM

251 posts, read 639,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post

NO they don't. Many Puerto Ricans mock poor Black people in there manner of dress and speech and even mannerism yet they are still very prejudice. They appropriate black culture styling and never get check on it. And the sambos out there go around talking about black and latino unity. Spare me.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:48 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,410,384 times
The only Hispanic group that has deep seated, cultural bias against all things black is by far Dominicans. And that's driven by the wars/conflict with Haiti for 200 years. Walk down the street with "natural" black hair and oftentimes women are berated and humiliated for it in DR...that didn't just disappear when they moved here in large numbers. Ironically so many have similar phenotypes as Blacks I find it hard to reconcile how someone can look in the mirror, look at their parents, family, friends, and not see the strong black influence. It is really a fascinating psychosis the country and people are under.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM

^2 some ricans are that way. you're not lying.
I don't know a lot of them personally tho
honestly.

maybe there are some effed up ricans in philly
that are different from nuyoricans. you tell me.

anyway tho, nobody is worth beefing over
some petty ish anyway, whatever color or
culture they are. just keep moving forward.
forget em.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:54 PM

251 posts, read 639,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Agree. My experiences have been that many hispanics don't like to associate with blacks. Not all but many don't. Not saying black people don't feel the same way, but not nearly on the same level as hispanics in general. Pretty sad if you ask me. Think things would be different if people actually made the effort to befriend people of races other than their own. But for many...I guess that is completely out of the question.
Black people need to start looking out for Blacks and stop trying to "friends" with everyone. How many immigrants come to American looking solely for the purposes of "integration" and "friendship"? They mostly come here to built communities and make money, forget being your friend it's all about economic competition from the door! How many Latinos own businesses in Black neighborhoods?? We all know the answer to that and it's a lot! Now how many BLACK OWNED businesses are frequented by latinos? Think about that. Back on the PR's, when are Black people going to wake up. Just because you stuck in Ghetto asylum with another group doesn't make them you friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City