Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2013, 03:00 PM

251 posts, read 637,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^2 some ricans are that way. you're not lying.
I don't know a lot of them personally tho
honestly.

maybe there are some effed up ricans in philly
that are different from nuyoricans. you tell me.

anyway tho, nobody is worth beefing over
some petty ish anyway, whatever color or
culture they are. just keep moving forward.
forget em.
I'm from all over, I don't even reside in Philly anymore. But everywhere I been with PR's they are pretty much the same. Thing is it's always black people who claim some weird allegiance to Puerto Ricans. Why I don't know?!

Old 12-20-2013, 03:01 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
When I lived in Washington we had neighbors who were a mixed couple, white male, black female.

You could not say "Hi"" without the women telling you she was from Jamaica and not an American Black. I could not have cared less, but it was a hoot. After two years, she would still tell you she was Jamaican......

Old 12-20-2013, 03:02 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
^2 lol i don't know about all that. the thing I can't stand is black self-hate.

ish is unnecessary and ridiculous, but that's been around for 400 years.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
The only Hispanic group that has deep seated, cultural bias against all things black is by far Dominicans. And that's driven by the wars/conflict with Haiti for 200 years. Walk down the street with "natural" black hair and oftentimes women are berated and humiliated for it in DR...that didn't just disappear when they moved here in large numbers. Ironically so many have similar phenotypes as Blacks I find it hard to reconcile how someone can look in the mirror, look at their parents, family, friends, and not see the strong black influence. It is really a fascinating psychosis the country and people are under.

I've heard PR's say EVIL things about the racial make up of Dominicans as well. Just the other day I heard some say some awful things about Black people in spanish and didn't think I understood. Yet every other word out of a Puerto Ricans mouth is the yo,yo N-word more a many times they say it more than Blacks! Puerto Ricans as a group don't if there are coming or going. They dislike Black people yet copy off us.That's plain disrespect in my book. The blame fall on Blacks for being too accepting and not building an economic and culture wall of protection around ourselves.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:15 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
There are a lot of Black american male, Latina female couples in this city. Don't know where you got that idea from. Don't see a lot of Latin Male, Black american female couples though.
Because most black women don't take good care of themselves. It sounds generalizing but I've been proven right too often. Why don't think they complain that another women of another race is stealing their black men. Take a look in the mirror and sign up that one month free gym membership please.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Because most black women don't take good care of themselves. It sounds generalizing but I've been proven right too often. Why don't think they complain that another women of another race is stealing their black men. Take a look in the mirror and sign up that one month free gym membership please.
It because the media has diluted Black men to thinking that Latinas are just an extension of Black women. Much of the media aimed a black men (especially young urban men) is saturated with latinas. They ate held out as some type of Ideal. It's brainwashing simple and plan. Here is a perfect example:

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 12-20-2013, 03:42 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillystress215 View Post
I've heard PR's say EVIL things about the racial make up of Dominicans as well. Just the other day I heard some say some awful things about Black people in spanish and didn't think I understood. Yet every other word out of a Puerto Ricans mouth is the yo,yo N-word more a many times they say it more than Blacks! Puerto Ricans as a group don't if there are coming or going. They dislike Black people yet copy off us.That's plain disrespect in my book. The blame fall on Blacks for being too accepting and not building an economic and culture wall of protection around ourselves.
Anyplace "white" Spanish (Spain) or Portuguese (Portugal) Europeans went in the New World they exported their Eurocentric values with them, sort of like White Protestant England's "White Man's Burden" with a Latin twist.

It was the Spanish who first came up with "quadroon" and the other names as part of a caste system denoting how much white/European/Spanish blood (or lack thereof) a person had versus native Indian and later and or African.

All over South America, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc.... there is the same thing you often see in the United States. A high value placed upon those with European/white ancestry as shown by their appearance versus those with Indian or African. Blacks, negras, n***er, or any of the other names are found all over those countries just as they are in the United States and used by the same persons; those whom have a white/European background and or look the part.

Go down to South Florida and more often than not the Blacks (African Americans, Haitians, dark Dominicanos, etc....) are often treated worse by the "white" Cuban population than white/Euro Americans. When you consider the history of race relations in Florida that is saying something. In fact when one was a teenage once had a Cuban neighbor who told me flat out there were no "Blacks" in Cuba. This woman was every bit racists as Italians, Irish and other whites living in our town.

Telenovellas rarely have actors with "black" features in lead roles. When they do appear it is usually as domestics or lower/working class persons. The few "darker" women you do see are just like many in the United States. Hair weaves and or "good hair" down their backs and facial features more in common with Europeans than Africans, all to suggest they are something of "mixed" race.

Families that would rather see their son or daughter die before they marry an African-American are quite happy with a Euro appearing Latino or Latina. Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Sofía Margarita Vergara Vergara etc... would be welcomed however. Even the Bush family gladly accepted Jeb's Latina wife. Indeed you *NEVER* would have had 'I Love Lucy" on American television if Lucille Ball had married a "darker" Cuban. Aside from his accent and last name you'd never have known Ricky Ricardo (Desi Arnez" was anything else than a very good-looking white guy.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:12 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,972,470 times
Quote:
Black people need to start looking out for Blacks and stop trying to "friends" with everyone. How many immigrants come to American looking solely for the purposes of "integration" and "friendship"? They mostly come here to built communities and make money, forget being your friend it's all about economic competition from the door! How many Latinos own businesses in Black neighborhoods?? We all know the answer to that and it's a lot! Now how many BLACK OWNED businesses are frequented by latinos? Think about that. Back on the PR's, when are Black people going to wake up. Just because you stuck in Ghetto asylum with another group doesn't make them you friend.
Why do I need to look out for Blacks?

I didn't make all Blacks in the world. If a Black person wants a business, its not my responsibility to make it run. Do a good enough job with your business, and you'll get customers. Do a ****ty job with your business, then you have no customers and you go out of business.

Its plain and simple.

But to be completely honest, when it comes to food and other products, people of all races go to big retailers like the major grocery stores, WalMart, Walgreens, CVS, etc. No small business can compete with that period.

And its not like you make a lot of money in a ****ty small business or have the opportunity to go up in the first. Managers in places like WalMart or McDonalds do get benefits and they make considerable more than the minimum wage.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:32 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,403,086 times
lol so some of them copy us but some of us wanna be them huh?

Sh** crazy.

Old 12-20-2013, 07:03 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
It because the media has diluted Black men to thinking that Latinas are just an extension of Black women. Much of the media aimed a black men (especially young urban men) is saturated with latinas. They ate held out as some type of Ideal. It's brainwashing simple and plan. Here is a perfect example:

That is because holding out a Euro/white woman for African American males would and does drive some persons up the wall. Tiger Woods and a few others not withstanding the idea of a black man laying up with a white woman sends off all kinds of warning bells.

Latinas OTOH can be a different story since they "technically" aren't *white* so they get a pass.

Friends of ours who work in LE and the courts relate all kinds of things from the prossies they come in contact with and apparently at least in NYC white and or many Latina hookers won't accept African American customers. This goes for genetic women and trans. At least for LE this means when working undercover a white male is usually sent as "bait' as AAs won't usually get a foot past the door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City