Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 PM
xqt xqt started this thread

76 posts, read 129,172 times

Advertisements

I am thinking to rent an apartment there, is it safe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 07:00 PM

756 posts, read 2,279,127 times
Yes

Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,618,079 times
Seems like lots of people asking about this area lately.

It's fine, but not the Upper West Side--pay attention and don't wave your phone around.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:14 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,773,635 times
Don't let agents (I'm an agent as well) or ads fool you by saying its the cool Williamsburg part. It's not. It's still the hood and not completely safe. People are slowly moving there BUT very slowly as I said still not the safest place and peolpe are learning this the hard way.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullnyc View Post
Don't let agents (I'm an agent as well) or ads fool you by saying its the cool Williamsburg part. It's not. It's still the hood and not completely safe. People are slowly moving there BUT very slowly as I said still not the safest place and peolpe are learning this the hard way.
I wouldn't call it the 'hood by any means. It's not Bedford, but if you think that it's unsafe, I'd hate to see what you think of some of the truly unsafe areas of the city. Seems weird to call that the 'hood.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loratliff View Post
I wouldn't call it the 'hood by any means. It's not Bedford, but if you think that it's unsafe, I'd hate to see what you think of some of the truly unsafe areas of the city. Seems weird to call that the 'hood.
I'm from the hood born and raised in projects not to far from there. Go on a Thursday-sat night 2am from there to broadway and have some fun

Old 07-29-2013, 09:11 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,442 times
Quote:
I'm from the hood born and raised in projects not to far from there. Go on a Thursday-sat night 2am from there to broadway and have some fun
Lol, what "hood" are you from again? That area is fine.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I lived at Broadway and Dekalb about three years ago. I don't even consider that to be the hood anymore...and I'm just a run of the mill white girl, so you can talk it up all you want, but there is nothing scary about Hewes and S. 5th. It's mostly Hasidic now anyway.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
Lol, what "hood" are you from again? That area is fine.
Born and raised in bushwick projects, this video is from 20yrs ago when growing up there with some old friends, still occasionally work with Nervous Records but only in House Music events only as i left the hood mentality and friends behind a long time ago, for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loratliff View Post
I lived at Broadway and Dekalb about three years ago. I don't even consider that to be the hood anymore...and I'm just a run of the mill white girl, so you can talk it up all you want, but there is nothing scary about Hewes and S. 5th. It's mostly Hasidic now anyway.
Its been hasidic since way before my time in the 80's. Where you live by kosciusko st has def changed too. Still there? Where did you move to? Not scary for someone like yourself nor i and others on this board. For someone who has never been around other types or races or doesnt have street smarts or aware of how certain things are it could be scary. Rather safe than sorry, which is why i explain for person to check it out on their own on several occasions, night and day.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:15 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,312,562 times
I think Hewes and S5th would be way more Puerto Rican and Dominican than Hasidic. You have the precinct a block or two down the street. Broadway is sketchy, especially if walking away from the bridge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: