Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 02:41 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,303,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodel View Post
HA! I was being sarcastic.
In your best Bronx demeanour.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 02:45 PM

791 posts, read 1,433,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
I think Grosvenor is even more annoying than the progressive auto insurance lady.

And that lady annoys the hell outta me.
How can you NOT LIKE FLO? Those lips!

Old 08-07-2013, 02:54 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Heh. Well you got what YOU paid for. You're not happy with the Bronx. That's fine. Good-bye. I just find it kind of funny that you just can't emphasize enough in this topic your displeasure. What is it supposed to accomplish? You, an individual, are not happy. That's fine and dandy. At the same time, you push your opinion on others by saying that only people who live in poverty or used to those conditions would find things to like. That is totally off-base, dude, and you know it. I really don't think you've been "over the whole borough", despite your assertion. Your opinion is just that, an opinion. If you want those amenities anywhere, including the Bronx, then you'll have to pay for it. My mother's gated community btw has a club house with a lap pool. She has views of Manhattan and huge sections of the River. There are other places that you don't even know about in the Bronx, but of course, your vision is narrow. That's fine, though. No one is gonna cry over it.
I do not push my opinion on others. There are people here who deliberately try to pimp neighborhoods, partially because they've invested money in real estate in the area or because they just like their home neighborhood.

If your mother has views of Manhattan from the Bronx, what, she has views of Inwood? What a charming view, not!! LOL Not really impressive to me.

If I were cheerleading the Bronx, and pushing THAT opinion, you and the others on this forum who try to pimp the Bronx would have absolutely NO ISSUE with its WHATSOEVER.

Yes, the entire borough is just not all that, its no Manhattan or Brooklyn and its not up and coming. And it has no open ocean beaches. It served it purpose for me, cheap housing when I lost everything, and soon I will be the HELL out of here. And no, I'm not even interested in Riverdale which is STALE, with no interesting or fun places to go to. I don't care for Parkchester, and Woodlawn is like whatever. Marble Hill is UGLY (that's technically a part of Manhattan anyway).

Old 08-07-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post

HA! I just love how you slam the Bronx. It's really funny. I mean having to live in Wakefield must really annoy you. I know I would be pretty depressed if I had to leave Riverdale and move to the Bronx. Who wouldn't be.
Well, that annoyance (living in Wakefield) is ending as my lease here ends late fall.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I didn't say Wakefield was the worst--I said Wakefield doesn't have what you're looking for which is obviously true. Wakefield is also not at all a contender for the nicest neighborhood in the Bronx.
And even the nicest neighborhoods in the Bronx are not all that. The Bronx just sucks. LOL

Old 08-07-2013, 02:58 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,921 times
Quote:
I know I would be pretty depressed if I had to leave Riverdale and move to the Bronx. Who wouldn't be.

I know I've said this to you before, Gros. But I am legitimately worried about you. Please, please look deep into yourself man. Talk to someone. There's seriously no shame in it. So many people in this city do it. My offer still stands, pm me if you need to chat...

Old 08-07-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I know I've said this to you before, Gros. But I am legitimately worried about you. Please, please look deep into yourself man. Talk to someone. There's seriously no shame in it. So many people in this city do it. My offer still stands, pm me if you need to chat...
LOL! You should start a donation box, and donate money for every hour that you are legitimately worried about me and send me a check so I can tend to my "illness". I'd gladly accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I do not push my opinion on others. There are people here who deliberately try to pimp neighborhoods, partially because they've invested money in real estate in the area or because they just like their home neighborhood.

If your mother has views of Manhattan from the Bronx, what, she has views of Inwood? What a charming view, not!! LOL Not really impressive to me.

If I were cheerleading the Bronx, and pushing THAT opinion, you and the others on this forum who try to pimp the Bronx would have absolutely NO ISSUE with its WHATSOEVER.

Yes, the entire borough is just not all that, its no Manhattan or Brooklyn and its not up and coming. And it has no open ocean beaches. It served it purpose for me, cheap housing when I lost everything, and soon I will be the HELL out of here. And no, I'm not even interested in Riverdale which is STALE, with no interesting or fun places to go to. I don't care for Parkchester, and Woodlawn is like whatever. Marble Hill is UGLY (that's technically a part of Manhattan anyway).
Riverdale isn't for everyone anyway, so we're not exactly offended esp. someone from Far Rockaway anyway. I still don't buy that nonsense that you were in the nice part of Far Rockaway and then lost everything to move to the Bronx (HA!), but let's just say that it is true. Usually Manhattanites (with money) move here anyway so I'd value their opinion over a person out in Far Rockaway which is more known for its projects than anything else.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
LOL! You should start a donation box, and donate money for every hour that you are legitimately worried about me and send me a check so I can tend to my "illness". I'd gladly accept it.

Just use your insurance, bro. A decent amount of dr's will accept it. Just talk to someone, that's all I ask. I really don't think you need meds.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Just use your insurance, bro. A decent amount of dr's will accept it. Just talk to someone, that's all I ask. I really don't think you need meds.
I know it's hard for you to understand but it's a pretty simple thing. We live in a nice neighborhood and don't want to be associated with burnt out buildings, crime and everything else that the Bronx is known for. It's just the way things are. I don't know where you live at, but if you earned a nice salary had a nice apartment or house, would you want people thinking that you lived in the ghetto? I certainly wouldn't.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
I know it's hard for you to understand but it's a pretty simple thing. We live in a nice neighborhood and don't want to be associated with burnt out buildings, crime and everything else that the Bronx is known for. I call it being bourgeois. I don't know where you live at, but if you earned a nice salary had a nice apartment or house, would you want people thinking that you lived in the ghetto? I certainly wouldn't.

To answer your question, I am not so insecure that I care what people think about where I live. There are a few things to be insecure about in life I suppose, but that is far from one of them. Please talk to someone.

Oh I live in Astoria.

Also:

Quote:
I call it being bourgeois

Hi Gros!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City