Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:39 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,326,663 times

Advertisements

There aren't really any food options close to the pier, which is why most of the food options listed for you are on 3rd. If you take a look around, you will see that there are practically no businesses from Shore Road through Ridge Blvd. The closest food options I can think of are on 69th and Colonial. There is a pizza place (small) and a Chinese place (even smaller, no real seating inside) so your options are pretty limited. Actually, now that I think about it, there is an Asian place if you walk up 69th Street (Bay Ridge Avenue) that is closer to Shore Road. I think it's only a block up on the corner of Owl's Head Court. It's called Bay Sushi. I have never been there. But really, that's it. There are tons of restaurants and bars but they are mostly concentrated on 3rd/5th and sparsely 4th by the major avenues.

Le Petit Oven is between 3rd and Ridge on Bay Ridge Avenue, if you're willing to splurge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 903 times
I know by now your date has already passed but if it comes up again try Casa Pepe, a Mexican restaurant located on Bay Ridge Ave between Colonial and Narrows. It would break up the walk from the pier back to the train station nicely. It's a sister restaurant to NYC's Tio Pepe, Burrito Loco, Da Rosina and Las Ramblas. Casa Pepe even has an outdoor patio where you could have enjoyed dinner and sangria. It can get a little pricey, but it's good!

Old 09-12-2013, 12:53 PM

2,730 posts, read 6,102,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRidge411 View Post
I know by now your date has already passed but if it comes up again try Casa Pepe, a Mexican restaurant located on Bay Ridge Ave between Colonial and Narrows. It would break up the walk from the pier back to the train station nicely. It's a sister restaurant to NYC's Tio Pepe, Burrito Loco, Da Rosina and Las Ramblas. Casa Pepe even has an outdoor patio where you could have enjoyed dinner and sangria. It can get a little pricey, but it's good!
And great margaritas!

Old 09-12-2013, 05:30 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,975,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayRidge411 View Post
if you happen to know - when did that open? what was in that space prior to CP?

Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 856 times
Bay Ridge is a great scene, start @ Arirang Hibachi Steakhouse on 88th & 4th, while the weather is still nice the next stop should be Salty Dogs on 3rd and Bay ridge pkwy.... and thats all she wrote

Old 09-13-2013, 04:44 AM

6,192 posts, read 7,326,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
if you happen to know - when did that open? what was in that space prior to CP?
It has been there for more than thirty years, I believe.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:30 AM

929 posts, read 1,654,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KwAndy View Post
Bay Ridge is a great scene, start @ Arirang Hibachi Steakhouse on 88th & 4th, while the weather is still nice the next stop should be Salty Dogs on 3rd and Bay ridge pkwy.... and thats all she wrote
Arirang is alright, a bit overhyped for the money. It's always a good experience overall, with a pleasant ambiance and a nice bar, but the food is, unfortunately, their weak spot imo. If someone's never been there before, it's definitely worth a try (although it's a chain so it's not like it's a unique Fort Hamilton/Bay Ridge experience). Always packed, so they must be doing something right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City