Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 02:23 PM

11 posts, read 32,883 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses...it's been very helpful. I actually checked out the neighborhood and it seems decent, at least in the daytime. I'll go check out some more places again tomorrow. What do you think of Unionport road, in the 1500's? I am looking at one of the corner rooms there (bigger space). Also, is the 24/7 security force in Parkchester really effective in deterring crime in the area? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2013, 02:31 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,297,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by appl3 View Post
Hi everyone, thanks for your responses...it's been very helpful. I actually checked out the neighborhood and it seems decent, at least in the daytime. I'll go check out some more places again tomorrow. What do you think of Unionport road, in the 1500's? I am looking at one of the corner rooms there (bigger space). Also, is the 24/7 security force in Parkchester really effective in deterring crime in the area? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance.
HA! So I guess that means that you'll be locking yourself indoors since you mentioned that the neighborhood looks "decent" at least in the daytime.

Old 08-14-2013, 03:43 PM

3,357 posts, read 4,612,913 times
Have you been there Grosvenor?

Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,158,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
From the article which is from January of last year mind you,

The 43rd Precinct covers a large chunk of the Bronx — from the well-tended apartment towers in Parkchester to private houses in Castle Hill and several housing projects in Bronx River, Soundview, and Bruckner along the Bruckner Expressway.

Read more: Crime spike in sprawling 43rd Precinct has Bronx*communities seeking more police presence** - NY Daily News
The 43rd precinct covers a wide variety of neighborhoods. Most violent crime occurs in and immediately around the NYCHA developments (mostly located in the area just East of Soundview Park) and the Watson Ave corridor West of White Plains Rd.

Quote:
1500 Unionport has some local amenities; Caserta Park, a few schools, and small businesses ranging from discount stores to a physical therapy office. A very walkable area. The Castle Hill station is close, but I would recommend walking to the Parkchester Station considering it's an express stop

Old 08-15-2013, 05:52 AM

108 posts, read 119,502 times
Quote:

I would say get it in the south part closer to the 6 train that's a better area, more desirable part. North is cheaper but less desirable.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 AM

108 posts, read 119,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
HA! So I guess that means that you'll be locking yourself indoors since you mentioned that the neighborhood looks "decent" at least in the daytime.

Why would you lock yourself indoors in a decent neighborhood?

Old 08-15-2013, 06:55 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,176,623 times
Quote:
The security force helps. But they are not anywhere near law enforcement. They are there more to combat loitering and general qol life nuisances. For instance there were these young teens once messing around (boys and girls messing around if you catch my drift) in the hallway of one of the complex buildings and I saw the security force come and call their parents.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:54 PM

11 posts, read 32,883 times
What do you guys think of the 1500's on Archer Road? Safe?

Old 09-30-2014, 03:33 PM

178 posts, read 228,653 times
Parkchester seems relatively safe in my opinion in comparrison to many other areas in the Bronx. Its a family oriented place elementary schools daycares, and High Schools and lots of stores for shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City