Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 04:58 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,303,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Bluedog is not a woman.
Oops! I had no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 04:59 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Or it shows the OP is a drug dealer and has been making some great sales lately.
No,just someone who has worked his whole life and always lived well below his means, in order to save and invest as much as possible.It's actually one of the reasons I live in The Bronx.It allows me to save a bigger portion of my income.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
No,just someone who has worked his whole life and always lived well below his means, in order to save and invest as much as possible.It's actually one of the reasons I live in The Bronx.It allows me to save a bigger portion of my income.
And what exactly got you turned on to the Bronx?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:08 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,231,641 times
Quote:
I was just joking, making a comment to Grosvenor. Didn't actually think that. Hope you didn't take offense to it.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
I was just joking, making a comment to Grosvenor. Didn't actually think that. Hope you didn't take offense to it.
No problem. No offense taken.I actually had a laugh.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
No problem. No offense taken.I actually had a laugh.
Seriously now, is that the only reason you moved to the Bronx? To save money? Do you think that Pelham Parkway will be as "beautiful" as you claim it is now when you're ready to sell?

Old 08-13-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
Seriously now, is that the only reason you moved to the Bronx? To save money? Do you think that Pelham Parkway will be as "beautiful" as you claim it is now when you're ready to sell?
Yes,I do.It's already better than it was when I moved here almost 5 years ago.The old timers in my building say it's much better than it was 10 or 20 or 30 years ago.Lots of trees,lots of parks and the crime rates continue to drop dramatically every year.....down about 30% so far this year from last year,one of the biggest drops in the city.

I have no 2nd thoughts on the direction the neighborhood or The Bronx is going in.I've lived in NYC for a very long time in many different neighborhoods and I have a very good sense of what's happening on the streets and in various neighborhoods.The value of the apartment I live in,measured by recent sales, has already gone up about 20% in the last 5 years.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grosvenor View Post
And what exactly got you turned on to the Bronx?
I found a really nice big prewar apartment ,facing a park,in a beautiful co op building across from an entrance to the Botanical Garden,2 blocks from the subway,in a quiet ,low crime area with almost everything I need within a short walk for less than 1,100/mo... maintenance and mortgage combined !

I also work in The Bronx ,so living here makes a lot of sense.Next to saving as much as possible, I have always done everything possible to keep my commutes as short as possible.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Yes,I do.It's already better than it was when I moved here almost 5 years ago.The old timers in my building say it's much better than it was 10 or 20 or 30 years ago.Lots of trees,lots of parks and the crime rates continue to drop dramatically every year.....down about 30% so far this year from last year,one of the biggest drops in the city.

I have no 2nd thoughts on the direction the neighborhood or The Bronx is going in.I've lived in NYC for a very long time in many different neighborhoods and I have a very good sense of what's happening on the streets and in various neighborhoods.The value of the apartment I live in,measured by recent sales, has already gone up about 20% in the last 5 years.
Wow! Well consider yourself lucky.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:48 PM

575 posts, read 672,030 times
I know a b/f & g/f who rent in separate, yet close, buildings. One is slightly larger than the other. They advertise separately on a travel website and rent them to tourists for a week or more at a time. When one rents, he or she goes and stays in the other apt. Cheaper for the tourists than a hotel and extra income for them. They tell me if they rent for 10 days a month, they about break even on the rent part = free rent (except for the utilities, cable, etc.) Maybe a modified version of this would work for you, if of interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: