Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 01:06 PM

2,008 posts, read 4,722,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Get a dog. Women will approach you with the pretext of asking about your dog (while your out walking him). At that point, the ice is already broken, the rest is up to you. This really does work.
I second this a million times! I talk to girls all the time when I'm out walking my dog. The cuter the better too! don't get a great dane and expect to get some play from it. going to the dog park with your dog is another great way too.

Granted I'm engaged and it doesn't matter to me how many girls I talk to, so the conversation never leads to anything that I could give you results of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 01:31 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
The dog thing is a very natural way to connect with the opposite sex. If you're allergic to dogs you better pop some antihistamines. But in a relationship were a dog is involved you always come second place. A woman and her dog, never try to break that holy matrimony.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:35 PM

912 posts, read 2,098,594 times
Soul cycle

Old 08-13-2013, 05:21 PM

8,678 posts, read 11,069,654 times
OP has no hobbies? that is a start to find common ground in a social scene

Old 08-13-2013, 10:21 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,409,952 times
Default Thanks

Yeah I have a rule that go by that I can't date women I work with because it can turn out really bad at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
Cisco_Kid - Why not approach women in your office? Also are you looking to get into a relationship or just have fun? You seem to have expectations from women but what can they expect from you in return (family, stability, etc.)?

Old 08-13-2013, 10:22 PM

Default Thanks

I don't like keeping a dog. Was never my thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSPHXPELON View Post
Get a dog. Women will approach you with the pretext of asking about your dog (while your out walking him). At that point, the ice is already broken, the rest is up to you. This really does work.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:25 PM

Default Thanks

I work in IT and the only women we have here are the ones who sit at the reception. They all look like super models so by the time the Execs, Directors are done with them. There are a tons of other guys sitting there waiting to hit on them. So my best bet is out of the office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
What I've noticed is that workplace women in their late 20s/early 30s take a somewhat veiled interest in male coworkers who look decent/professional, show an inclination to start a family and have accumulated a fair amount of assets (ie, saved for a downpayment in a good neighborhood). Something to the effect of - "I'm doing house hunting in Basking Ridge and Millburn..." - that often does the trick.

I was actually not suggesting that he approach women in the office, but rather he get the women in the office to approach him. On the other hand if he carries himself as someone who just wants to play around and have fun then few at work will want to hook up unless he is a smooth talker and can project himself to be very size-endowed "down there".

But I agree generally that there are other venues to meet women without resorting to the workplace, which can lead to complications to one's career.

Old 08-13-2013, 10:28 PM

Thanks for all your replies. I guess there is no answer for this but to just simply approach them by being upfront, genuine, with confidence and leave room for the exit just incase shes not interested.

Old 08-14-2013, 04:30 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
/\/\

Here's another strategy you can do in parallel - When your lease is up, move to a suburban neighborhood. Every day you commute by train to Manhattan (MNR, LIRR), wear business attire (sports jacket, dress pants, button down shirt) and carry with you and read or pretend to be reading the Wall St. Journal. In other words, look and behave like an Exec/Director while commuting. I've been approached on the train and station not a few times (maybe 10% of the time) under these same conditions. You can also be a little more aggressive and intentionally sit on the same seat with an attractive commuter and initiate something like asking for the time or if it is an express train.

Presumably you graduated from college and have a stable FT corporate job so that should be an asset.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:21 AM

409 posts, read 497,586 times
You don't...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City