Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM

420 posts, read 695,565 times

Advertisements

The photos where you see my blacks and my Puerto Rocs going berserk in the streets under the EL is from the 2nd day of the infamous 1977 blackout that wiped Bushwick clean off of the map. Thats actually Broadway near the J/Z Gates stop along The Stuy/Wick border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 02:30 PM

1,871 posts, read 4,254,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
Totally agree. Several nice parts of NYC today were a $hit hole back when I was a kid in the 80's. When I hear these idiots say that Giuliani took away the charm, the grittiness, or the soul of NYC I just shake my head. There are two types of people that claim that NYC was a better place before Giuliani cleaned it up, 1. Thugs/Criminals 2. people that were too young to know what it was like.

Williamsburg, Fort Greene, Clinton Hills, Union Square, LES, All of Harlem, All of the Bronx and several other areas were dangerous places to be at night. It really changed a lot for the better and people should be grateful for that. There was nothing good about the city back then.
Just tell those types to move to Detroit if they want their realness. Most parts of that city are pretty much in exactly the same condition as NYC was then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City