Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,033,923 times

Advertisements

That's white folks. They know what's best for everyone around the entire globe. Non-whites share experiences and they are like NO it's not like that at all..though they have never had your experiences or walked a day in your shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
I've made the exact same arguments! They don't want to hear any of that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
That's all well and good....however, guess who benefits the most from stop & frisk?

Blacks and Latinos who were the ones being murdered the most prior to stop & frisk.

Lose some rights, but gain the most important right....to live!

Posted with TapaTalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
This is complete bull****. You don't have Blacks and Latinos saying they want to be stopped and frisked or that they want this done in the city or their neighborhoods. You just don't. Now stop and frisk is being struck down, know it all white conservatives presume to speak for Blacks and Latinos. Newsflash, we can speak for ourselves. You may not like what we have to say.

Its why de Blasio is high in the polls, because Blacks and Latino voters are not interested in voting for a white candidate who is pro stop and frisk.
Quote:
You also presumed to speak for Blacks and Latinos. Black and Latinos voters are not coming out for Stop and Frisk. So it shows you how they feel about the practice, so the city council took note and took action. And this is playing out in the mayoral race, where de Blasio is high in the polls and popular among non white voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 10:53 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,449,623 times
Quote:
This is complete bull****. You don't have Blacks and Latinos saying they want to be stopped and frisked or that they want this done in the city or their neighborhoods. You just don't. Now stop and frisk is being struck down, know it all white conservatives presume to speak for Blacks and Latinos. Newsflash, we can speak for ourselves. You may not like what we have to say.

Its why de Blasio is high in the polls, because Blacks and Latino voters are not interested in voting for a white candidate who is pro stop and frisk.
I never said they were smart enough to realize that Stop & Fisk benefitted them did I?

But that's the ugly truth regardless.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-23-2013, 10:55 AM

18,372 posts, read 31,481,645 times
Quote:
The right to stop, question and search an individual is based on a police officer's suspicion which they encompass from years of experience on the streets and we cannot take that important tool away from cops because some thug wants to lie about their rights being violated, when they were deemed to be acting suspicious.

yeah, so me and my partner just walking down our block that I have lived on for 25 years, as an after dinner walk just talking, was suspicion enough for 3 under cover pigs to jump out of a van and say excuse me, and......get up against the car......meanwhile we were only 25 steps to our building...

yeah, therer was really suspicion there.

they are a bunch of morons.

and no, that was 5 years ago, im not over it.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:56 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,849,364 times
Quote:
No, de Blasio is using his son as a pawn, purposely having him appear as some slovenly looking bum on commercials for sympathy with his overgrown afro and the media as usual is eating it up. His whole campaign is on taxing the so called rich people and ending Stop and Frisk so his son doesn't have to worry about being stopped and frisked (as he should be) should he be seen as being suspicious for doing some illegal activity. What a waste.
A lot of teenagers these days have long hair in pony tails, afros, or whatever. Its his hair, he can do whatever with it. And the public is eating it up too. De Blasio for mayor!!!! And yes, no Republican is even a contender!!

Frisky Business - Jessica Williams - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 08/13/13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Argue all you want here, but you know deep down in your soul the Giuliani era is over. Its really why you're this hysterically upset.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM

268 posts, read 339,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
yeah, so me and my partner just walking down our block that I have lived on for 25 years, as an after dinner walk just talking, was suspicion enough for 3 under cover pigs to jump out of a van and say excuse me, and......get up against the car......meanwhile we were only 25 steps to our building...

yeah, therer was really suspicion there.

they are a bunch of morons.

and no, that was 5 years ago, im not over it.
Such bitterness for something that happened 5 years ago... I'm sure you hold all cops in NYC responsible too because all cops of course are just terrible for simply doing their job. Some people are so out of touch with reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
That's white folks. They know what's best for everyone around the entire globe. Non-whites share experiences and they are like NO it's not like that at all..though they have never had your experiences or walked a day in your shoes.
Evidently some of us civilized people value the gift of life more than others. Not exactly surprising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
I never said they were smart enough to realize that Stop & Fisk benefitted them did I?

But that's the ugly truth regardless.

Posted with TapaTalk
Exactly. You have to hold some people's hands.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:58 AM

25,347 posts, read 36,892,101 times
which they encompass from years of experience on the streets

Now THATS funny!

Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM

18,372 posts, read 31,481,645 times
Quote:
Such bitterness for something that happened 5 years ago... I'm sure you hold all cops in NYC responsible too because all cops of course are just terrible for simply doing their job. Some people are so out of touch with reality.

Evidently some of us civilized people value the gift of life more than others. Not exactly surprising.

bitter, doesnt even come close.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:02 AM

268 posts, read 339,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
which they encompass from years of experience on the streets

Now THATS funny!
What's funny about that?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 AM

Thank you for your racist comment of the day Grov.

Yes, I have no value for my own life.

Quote:

Old 08-23-2013, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
bitter, doesnt even come close.
Exactly and folks aren't getting it.

Like you're supposed to say: Oh thank you for harrassing the sh*t out of me and not even apologizing once you realize I am NOT a criminal. I will be sending in my check for the PAL shortly officer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City