Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 11:08 AM

268 posts, read 339,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Exactly and folks aren't getting it.

Like you're supposed to say: Oh thank you for harrassing the sh*t out of me and not even apologizing once you realize I am NOT a criminal. I will be sending in my check for the PAL shortly officer.
Let me ask you a question which I may have asked before, but who are the victims of most of the crime in NYC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Thank you for your racist comment of the day Grov.

Yes, I have no value for my own life.
I didn't say that, you did. Nevertheless, frightening to hear such a thing. Such violent mentalities in some people these days.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,035,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Let me ask you a question which I may have asked before, but who are the victims of most of the crime in NYC?
I'm fully aware of what has been going in this city since I have lived here my entire life.

I don't support the criminals or criminal behavior but as a black person I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The police are almost as dangerous as the criminals and my life means as much to them as it does to the criminals. They would just as soon shoot me dead and ask questions later or give a half-a&& sorry than help me out so I avoid both...criminals and cops.

I do not approve of stop & frisk because interactions with the police can lead to "accidental" injuries or even death. So for me it's about self-preservation.

You can throw out all your little sly snide comments, imply that I am uncivilized, or uneducated...that's nothing new from the white community. A lot of you people are always somewhere calling minorities animals, savages, or the grandaddy of them all UNCIVILIZED!!! Oh the horror.

I know what I've experienced and I do not like cops...period. They cannot be trusted. Oversight is a GOOD thing and they need MORE not less. After all if they are so benevolent and just trying to do their jobs what's wrong with oversight? What's wrong with them having body cams or cams on their cars? They put cams in nursing homes to avoid elder abuse...nanny cams to aviod child abuse...cams in stores to discourage theft? Why not cams for the police?

Why are Kelly and Bloomie so adamantly against it? You would think the response would be great! Now everyone can see that the police are not abusive power trippers hopped up on steroids.

You love to ask question after question without ever asnswering any. So let me ask you a question and if you don't want to answer fine but if you don't...don't ask me another thing.

Why should anyone trust a cop or take a cop for their word and what's so wrong with oversight?

Last edited by Jasper03; 08-23-2013 at 11:41 AM..

Old 08-23-2013, 12:16 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,611,050 times
Quote:
The right to stop, question and search an individual is based on a police officer's suspicion which they encompass from years of experience on the streets and we cannot take that important tool away from cops because some thug wants to lie about their rights being violated, when they were deemed to be acting suspicious.
Your cringing worship of authority is getting embarrassing.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:18 PM

2,134 posts, read 3,035,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
It's almost at the level of boot-licking. Why can't the police be questioned or monitored? They aren't infalliable and lives are at stake.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I'm fully aware of what has been going in this city since I have lived here my entire life.

I don't support the criminals or criminal behavior but as a black person I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The police are almost as dangerous as the criminals and my life means as much to them as it does to the criminals. They would just as soon shoot me dead and ask questions later or give a half-a&& sorry than help me out so I avoid both...criminals and cops.

I do not approve of stop & frisk because interactions with the police can lead to "accidental" injuries or even death. So for me it's about self-preservation.

You can throw out all your little sly snide comments, imply that I am uncivilized, or uneducated...that's nothing new from the white community. A lot of you people are always somewhere calling minorities animals, savages, or the grandaddy of them all UNCIVILIZED!!! Oh the horror.

I know what I've experienced and I do not like cops...period. They cannot be trusted. Oversight is a GOOD thing and they need MORE not less. After all if they are so benevolent and just trying to do their jobs what's wrong with oversight? What's wrong with them having body cams or cams on their cars? They put cams in nursing homes to avoid elder abuse...nanny cams to aviod child abuse...cams in stores to discourage theft? Why not cams for the police?

Why are Kelly and Bloomie so adamantly against it? You would think the response would be great! Now everyone can see that the police are not abusive power trippers hopped up on steroids.

You love to ask question after question without ever asnswering any. So let me ask you a question and if you don't want to answer fine but if you don't...don't ask me another thing.

Why should anyone trust a cop or take a cop for their word and what's so wrong with oversight?
Why shouldn't anyone trust cops? They put their lives on the line every day to protect everyone, regardless of who they are, despite what you may believe, but that is their job. There are already enough measures in place to ensure that cops are doing their jobs properly. The same police that various posters have called pigs were the same ones running into burning buildings to save lives on 9/11, but how quickly we forget. Disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
I'm sorry that my respect for people simply trying to do their job honorably bothers you so much.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:26 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,451,792 times
If us "White folk", as you like to call us, didn't care about the deaths of Blacks & Latinos, I suppose we'd just say....oh well, let them murder each other.

But that's not the case.

I know it's intrusive and unfair to the law abiding people, but facing the ugly facts is sometimes necessary to prevent the ultimate violation of your rights.....death.

I don't like being frisked at the gate of a baseball game or having to take off my shoes and stand in front of a scanner to board an airplane either. But the ugly truth is that it may just save my life someday. And yes, I do realize everyone is required to do this as opposed to Stop & Frisk.....but the analogy still holds true.

Unfortunately, until we can solve the root cause of why Blacks and Latinos are the predominate sector of society to most likely die from gun violence, what's the better alternative?

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 08-23-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
If us "White folk", as you like to call us, didn't care about the deaths of Blacks & Latinos, I suppose we'd just say....oh well, let them murder each other.

But that's not the case.

I know it's intrusive and unfair to the law abiding people, but facing the ugly facts is sometimes necessary to prevent the ultimate violation of your rights.....death.

I don't like being frisked at the gate of a baseball game or having to take off my shoes and stand in front of a scanner to board an airplane either. But the ugly truth is that it may just save my life someday. And yes, I do realize everyone is required to do this as opposed to Stop & Frisk.....but the analogy still holds true.

Unfortunately, until we can solve the root cause of why Blacks and Latinos are the predominate sector of society to most likely die from gun violence, what's the better alternative?

Posted with TapaTalk
Great post! No one wants to hear the ugly truth! Blame the cops, blame "White folk" but don't you dare blame those responsible for the problem.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,871,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post

But that's not the case.

Posted with TapaTalk
Follow the constitution. Which says you cannot search without cause. Unless someone is actively committing a crime, the police have no reason to bother them. Period.

This young white woman was nearly raped in a stop and frisk, because she was suspected of having drugs.

White Woman Sues NYPD Over Invasive Stop-And-Frisk In Williamsburg: Gothamist

At this point, since cops have to be so stupid about **** like this, lets just go ahead and legalize drugs. If someone really wants to get high they will always find a way. Besides, if drugs were legal, we could then LAY off more cops.

But that day is coming anyway. Bloomberg already reduced the police force in 2011, and with the unions demanding retroactive pay raises, expect the whole municipal workforce, including cops, to be reduced.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:37 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,871,653 times
Quote:
Great post! No one wants to hear the ugly truth! Blame the cops, blame "White folk" but don't you dare blame those responsible for the problem.
So do you guys ignore the fact this young white woman was basically raped by cops because she was suspected of using drugs?

White Woman Sues NYPD Over Invasive Stop-And-Frisk In Williamsburg: Gothamist

It shows what kind of monstrous deviants are hired to be cops.

Even if this woman had drugs on her, it was no excuse for the cops to do what they did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City