Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 01:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
I know... Some people are in such denial about the facts and who are committing the crimes in this city. That's what's hypocritical these days.
people doing all the crime and the people actually being falsely
accused, framed and convicted is not even being considered in
your opinion, so you're contradicting yourself even more. just
stop and frisk your face already. just because I'm black minding
my business means I should be stopped and frisked to you.

go jump in the hudson river!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 01:48 PM

268 posts, read 340,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
people doing all the crime and the people actually being falsely
accused, framed and convicted is not even being considered in
your opinion, so you're contradicting yourself even more. just
stop and frisk your face already. just because I'm black minding
my business means I should be stopped and frisked to you.

go jump in the hudson river!
I never stated such a thing and it is wrong of you to assume that. All I stated was that all groups are usually stopped and frisked relative to the amount of crime that they commit and that is true for the most part. Don't get angry at me for stating simple facts.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:59 PM

420 posts, read 697,642 times
Somewhere In Time, is it true that blacks are dangerous?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
Somewhere In Time, is it true that blacks are dangerous?
Based on what?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,551,977 times
Stop and frisk is not a necessary evil, it's a common police tactic used nationwide.

The question should be how was S&F used pre-Bloomberg/Kelly? Was there similar outrage?

Old 08-21-2013, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 009 View Post
Stop and frisk is not a necessary evil, it's a common police tactic used nationwide.

The question should be how was S&F used pre-Bloomberg/Kelly? Was there similar outrage?
Another tidbit is that Kelly was appointed by Dinkins (a Black mayor), so I find it ridiculous that he can be perceived as being racist or employing racist tactics.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:18 PM

420 posts, read 697,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somewhere in Time View Post
Based on what?
In general... are blacks dangerous? I'm just asking because if this is how you feel, then basically you've just been exposed as a race-baiting troll.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
In general... are blacks dangerous? I'm just asking because if this is how you feel, then basically you've just been exposed as a race-baiting troll.
I said it was a great post. I didn't say Blacks are dangerous. Everyone was ganging up on the poster and she held firm against them and I applauded her for not being afraid to speak her mind. That doesn't mean I necessarily agreed with what she said.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:46 PM

49 posts, read 118,846 times
I don't know why people like stop and Frisk or even agree with it. You guys just go with whatever the goverment puts on you. Fingerprinting people in public housing pretty much punishing the poor. I never did anything wrong so I shouldn't be labeled a criminal its so dumb. Wait until they start putting drones in the sky and stalking us like that and thats yet to come. Bet you guys will agree with that to rebel sometimes people don't just accept everything.!!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:40 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,199,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDoc View Post
The "damned good reason" is the greater good, namely for the law-abiding citizens of the neighborhoods where most crimes occur. There people are overwhelmingly in favor of stop-and-frisk. Stop-and-frisk targets blacks and Latinos because 92% of homicides are caused by blacks/Latinos.
A specific reason is needed, not nebulous authoritarian reasons like "the greater good".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City