Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 06:29 PM

86 posts, read 312,378 times

Advertisements

Interesting - was told on this forum that non-preference applicants wouldn't get called until February. If you've gotten this lucky so far, who knows! Best of luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:18 PM

576 posts, read 1,547,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartigan View Post
Interesting - was told on this forum that non-preference applicants wouldn't get called until February. If you've gotten this lucky so far, who knows! Best of luck to you.
Yes I heard the same.. I have municipal preference and I was told they wouldn't Get up to that preference until early february.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:02 PM

3 posts, read 9,330 times
I live a few blocks away currently. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Old 12-26-2013, 09:50 PM

Yup - that explains it, they probably gave you a Community Board preference based on your address. Really helps you out a lot as the lottery is required to set aside half of the apartments for residents living in the immediate area. Basically, what that means is the lottery opens up all of the community board applications first (which would be you) until they fill half of the apartments. Then, they move onto the next preference (Hurricane Sandy victims with 25 apartments) .

Keep us posted on your progress! Best of luck.

Old 12-27-2013, 01:41 PM

64 posts, read 170,146 times
So, if they say that they are out of 1 bedrooms, does that mean they ran out for the amount set aside for Community Board members or they just filled all of their 1 bedroom units and only have 2 bedroom units left to fill?

Old 12-27-2013, 03:40 PM

Deker - the 50% of the apartments designated for CB applicants are not allocated across the income brackets/room types. In other words, for example, half of the 1 bedrooms in 80% AMI are not reserved for CB applicants. The application preference basically gives CB applicants first dibs on the apartments. Hypothetically, CB applicants could take all every single 1 bedroom apartment so long as each applicant meets the income requirements for the different AMI brackets. Although, that scenario is very unlikely as 2 br apartments are also pretty popular from what I gather after following previous apartment lotteries.

What AptHunter is saying is that there are no more 1 bedrooms in his income bracket (up to 150% AMI), which are 14 of the 44 one bedrooms. Essentially, that could mean that mobility/vision impaired and Community Board applicants have taken all of the 1 bedrooms in that income bracket.

Granted, this is me just speculating. Hopefully Mike Reed will give another update before the year's end.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:06 PM

16 posts, read 52,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartigan View Post
Yup - that explains it, they probably gave you a Community Board preference based on your address. Really helps you out a lot as the lottery is required to set aside half of the apartments for residents living in the immediate area. Basically, what that means is the lottery opens up all of the community board applications first (which would be you) until they fill half of the apartments. Then, they move onto the next preference (Hurricane Sandy victims with 25 apartments) .

Keep us posted on your progress! Best of luck.
I live a few blocks away, I was not call, and my situation is Community Board, Municipal Employee, and 80 for income. I wander if I can contact any one to check the situation for me.
If anyone know whom to contact or check , please inform ...

Thanks

Old 12-29-2013, 07:49 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
I read nearly all the posts but I hope someone can answer just two questions for me:
1. This building is ALL affordable right? No 80/20? Does anyone know what law finances such a building?
2. What is the TOP price of a 1 bedroom. They list $93,500 with a Maintenance (common charge) of $514, as a bottom. How high does the price and maintenance go.

Thanks.
(I tried to find the original offerings for the info, but those sites have been taken down.)

Old 12-29-2013, 09:11 AM

AveGudz - from what I understood at the info session this summer, they don't combine the application preferences, it's just the greater preference. Ex: you aren't more likely to get called at one time because you have both, you would be considered for each preference at a time. So, you'd get called based on your Community Board first. Not sure what happens if you don't get called for the Community Board preference, if you then get put into the municipal employee category or if your application then goes to the general pool of applicants. I believe The Park Clinton website has some contact information you could ask through.

Kefir King - I think this should answer your questions with the exception of the specific law.

http://www.theparkclinton.com/site/w...ation-Form.pdf

Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Thank you hartigan.

Quite a spread after those 15 "affordables" are eaten up.
So basically 15/95 is about truly affordable 16%. The rest seems like marketing a bargain that AIN'T.

I hope everyone with his hopes up knows he is competing for only 15 apartments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City