Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 02:32 PM

576 posts, read 1,547,150 times

Advertisements

I had my rims and tires stolen in bensonhurst brooklyn. Is this the new thing? My car was on 2 cinder blocks.. I seen a few cars like this in the area. Cops seem to not care.. I got videos from a few homes and stores and still no nypd help.. I hope they are not using city vehicles to perform these crimes as it looks like in a few of the videos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2013, 05:24 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,169 times
What kind of car is it? Seems Maximas are popular right now for these low life's. Seen a few in Howard Beach on cinder blocks and milk crates. Amazing how brave these losers are. One day they will touch the wrong car and somebody will be waiting. They deserve whatever happens after that, no mercy for thieves.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:29 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
I had my rims and tires stolen in bensonhurst brooklyn. Is this the new thing? My car was on 2 cinder blocks.. I seen a few cars like this in the area. .......
Hardly new.The streets of NYC were filled with cars up on blocks with rims and tires stripped back in the 70's and 80's.It's a real NY tradition.Lucky they didn't strip the inside and torch it.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:38 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,772,015 times
Sorry this happened to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Hardly new.The streets of NYC were filled with cars up on blocks with rims and tires stripped back in the 70's and 80's.It's a real NY tradition.Lucky they didn't strip the inside and torch it.
I agree

Old 08-24-2013, 05:48 PM

Newer accord .And yes I seen one right by me the day before it happened to me so I was worried all night. I wake up 420 to go to work I looked out window I seen my rims and a white car on my side of the street.. I didnt think anything of the white car so I went took a shower .. I come out 455 to go to work and my rims are gone on 2 cinder blocks.. luckily I seen a few views of what happened.. and the white car apparently loosened the tires and left and what looked like an mta cargo van (had markings) with lights out was driving slowly to my car with lights out passed it slightly then backed up to it and was there for like less than a minute pulled up turned on lights and left.. and as I came out a green rack truck was going down slowly by my block.. and in the video it had went down my block before and dropped someone with a uniform on the corner.. the cops seem to think this is not important . Seems like its more elaborate with possible city vehicles.. I could be wrong tho. Could have just been coincidences on the videos.. Ps: the cop said there were atleast 20 in the past week and he was going to one after mine.. plus I seen another one today.. victimless crime? I think not.. I have to pay my deductible. I could have lost my job im still on probation. Plus everyones insurance in the area will go up.. its not a good feeling especially when you are trying to do the right thing in life. Anyways im done venting .. just be careful guys keep an eye out..

Old 08-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
I know it was all over back in the days.. but it stopped for a very long time..

Old 08-24-2013, 05:54 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
It's happening in Queens, too.

Article from 2012 about Astoria and Woodside http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/08/ny...anted=all&_r=0

This one about Howard Beach, Lindenwood and Ozpne Park
News | Rash of rims and tires being stolen in south Queens | Queens Courier

Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
It's been happening around my area too.....the JR Parkway makes it easy for them to get away.

Old 08-25-2013, 05:08 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,063,208 times
Just one more reason to get out of ny

Old 08-25-2013, 07:39 AM

Here is a pic of the van in question.. can anyone confirm its mta van? In this pic its hard to see but the other one you can see its blue and white and has the strip on side .. and clearly u see the lights on top...
Attached Thumbnails
South Brooklyn tire and rim thieves running rampant-img_4983.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City