Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 03:26 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,212,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
You sound just like some of the white racists here alleging that all Blacks have magic access to all these jobs and educational programs via affirmative action. Mind you, these racists are often nowhere near academia or a major corporation and certainly not near admissions or HR.
And I just lost any respect that may have been scraped along the bottom that I had for you. The fact that one cannot discuss affirmative action without immediately being labeled a "white racist" in your delusional eyes is lunacy. You dodge questions and then just leave it at that. I feel sorry for you in a sense, having to resort to this. Anyway, I hope you are able to improve your grammar for the future, if you're looking to be a writer. Because it's not naturally great in many of your verbose ramblings on here. Good luck...

Last edited by availableusername; 09-10-2013 at 03:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
I tend to agree with you available...which is why I just ignore NYWriters posts. It is a waste of time to debate with someone completely uninformed on almost every topic..a truly amazing feat.

But can't we stick to topic on here? Bill DeBlasio will win today!

Old 09-10-2013, 10:05 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
And I just lost any respect that may have been scraped along the bottom that I had for you. The fact that one cannot discuss affirmative action without immediately being labeled a "white racist" in your delusional eyes is lunacy. You dodge questions and then just leave it at that. I feel sorry for you in a sense, having to resort to this. Anyway, I hope you are able to improve your grammar for the future, if you're looking to be a writer. Because it's not naturally great in many of your verbose ramblings on here. Good luck...
My grammar was still good enough to graduate from an Ivy League school, work in finance for awhile, and yes, I have been paid for my work as writer. And I still have gigs coming in.

So you might feel sorry for yourself. All that and I've surpassed you in any way that counts.

Back to the affirmative action question, be honest. You know nothing about affirmative action, besides what you've HEARD! The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:10 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
I tend to agree with you available...which is why I just ignore NYWriters posts. It is a waste of time to debate with someone completely uninformed on almost every topic..a truly amazing feat.

But can't we stick to topic on here? Bill DeBlasio will win today!
Yes, the self proclaimed expert on the South Bronx, who tries to pimp out the South Bronx as the next Wiliamsburg. All because he's a small landlord there. Get over it, the South Bronx is not gentrifying. You've held a grudge against me every since I disputed you claim that the South Bronx was just full of wealthy gays moving in.

You grow hysterical when I post links from Crain's and other newspapers about the food industry developments in the South Bronx (warehousing and shipping). I guess this industrial development (I welcome it) ruins your vision of hipsterization, doesn't it?

Old 09-10-2013, 10:21 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,031,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Yes, the self proclaimed expert on the South Bronx, who tries to pimp out the South Bronx as the next Wiliamsburg. All because he's a small landlord there. Get over it, the South Bronx is not gentrifying. You've held a grudge against me every since I disputed you claim that the South Bronx was just full of wealthy gays moving in.

You grow hysterical when I post links from Crain's and other newspapers about the food industry developments in the South Bronx (warehousing and shipping). I guess this industrial development (I welcome it) ruins your vision of hipsterization, doesn't it?
How does this thread go from Bill de Blasio to the South Bronx being the next Williamsburg?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:29 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,368,760 times
It gets derailed by the usual suspect. Best to ignore! Any predictions for today's outcome? I suspect that Bill DeBlasio will be at or above the 40% mark. One can hope! Hopefully this will be the end of Thompson..at this point he has ran 2x and lost (hopefully)....and like Romney...he needs to move on...he is making $700K anyway per year anyway!

Old 09-10-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
My grammar was still good enough to graduate from an Ivy League school, work in finance for awhile, and yes, I have been paid for my work as writer. And I still have gigs coming in.

So you might feel sorry for yourself. All that and I've surpassed you in any way that counts.

Back to the affirmative action question, be honest. You know nothing about affirmative action, besides what you've HEARD! The truth hurts, doesn't it?
Dude, did you seriously just feel the need to express that you went to any Ivy for the 1,537th time?

You haven't surpassed anything and I know plenty about AA. I told you already that I wouldn't answer your questions though until you answer at least one of mine. So once again, does AA exist, or did I create the term?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Dude, did you seriously just feel the need to express that you went to any Ivy for the 1,537th time?

You haven't surpassed anything and I know plenty about AA. I told you already that I wouldn't answer your questions though until you answer at least one of mine. So once again, does AA exist, or did I create the term?
He turns everything into "I'm smarter then you, I went to an Ivy league school, your just a loser, you wish you were me, your mad because of your failures in life, blah blah f*cling blah"

Truth is, he is the least qualified person in any room he walks into. He has his degrees, yet is forced to sit at home on his laptop telling everyone how great he is, but he's not that great at all. He is extremely insecure because of certain decisions he has made in his life. Hasn't really found himself yet. I hate to admit it, but I feel sorry for the guy, no joke. Ok I'm lying, I actually don't give a f***. Carry on

Old 09-10-2013, 11:52 AM

Haha

Old 09-10-2013, 11:59 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,396,946 times
he's using his son as a negro caricature just to get the black vote smh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City