Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 09:59 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Plus, republicans in NYC absolutely need Staten Island to win, and Lhota will have a hard time here because he raised the VZ toll right before he left to run. I'm a steadfast, gun-nut conservative republican and I am more than likely voting against him just for that reason.
To each his own, I guess, but this strikes me as cutting off my nose to spite my face. I'm moving to Staten Island soon myself and I agree the toll on the (misspelled, by the way) Verrazano is an outrage, but I'm damned if I'd let a few dollars make me vote for a latter day David Dinkins. De Blasio will be an utter disaster. I think if Bloomberg were an bigger a schm&$k they'd have to put wheels on him, but I'd sooner keep Bloomin' Idiot than vote De Blasio in for dog catcher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Yeah I don't see it either. I am not behind any of the candidates as of yet but from my POV and from what I've gathered talking to others I don't see much traction for Lhota.
He is also just mean looking.Who wants to look at that scowling face on tv for 4 years ? Something weird about his eyes and the way he looks( or doesn't) at people.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:33 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
They had no choice, a federal judge ruled big portions of the NYPD's stop and frisk unconstitutional even if it does reduce crime.

In order for the cops to stop and frisk someone, they have to have committed a crime or be committing a crime. You cannot randomly stop and frisk people (90%) of the people stopped and frisked had nothing on them.
Thank you, and this is EXACTLY why S & F MUST stop.

Just by de Blasio stopping S&F, gets my vote.

I wouldn't vote for anyone with credits of MTA, they have been ripping us off for decades, and still cant get their finances together.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:41 AM

9,247 posts, read 24,077,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Thank you, and this is EXACTLY why S & F MUST stop.

Just by de Blasio stopping S&F, gets my vote.

I wouldn't vote for anyone with credits of MTA, they have been ripping us off for decades, and still cant get their finances together.
Exactly. The last thing Lhota did as MTA chairman was give huge retroactive pay raises to his buddy MTA managers.

Ex-MTA Chairman Joseph Lhota grants retroactive payraises and payouts worth $253,000 to 3 top agency presidents and former exec* - NY Daily News

"The checks - for amounts as high as $98,000 - were cut in December as the Metropolitan Transportation Authority was formally approving fare hikes for millions of daily subway, bus and commuter train riders, and toll hikes for the 800,000 drivers who use authority bridges and tunnels."

Nice,right ?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
He is also just mean looking.Who wants to look at that scowling face on tv for 4 years ? Something weird about his eyes and the way he looks( or doesn't) at people.
We've been looking at one for 12 years...

Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
We've been looking at one for 12 years...

not to mention, listening to his whining voice. you forgot about that.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:20 AM

579 posts, read 945,709 times
In the end there will indeed be a runoff between two of the three, Quinn, DeBlasio, and Thompson. Since the Republicans are all weak candidates, one of the three front running Democrats will win. I think it will be Quinn because she will get the female and gay votes while Thompson and DeBlasio split the black vote.

BTW, I think it was Dante that caused DeBlasio to take off on the polls. He stated the case quite well in the adds and put forth a view of his father that many New Yorkers didn't have before.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:44 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Yeah, there's an idea...vote for a person on how they look instead of their policies. Good one bluedog. And you said you're a school teacher? Hmmmm.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:49 AM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,221 times
Yet you have no problem with people being stopped and frisked based on how they look, rather than their character, or if they've actually committed any crime.. Hmmmm indeed.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:50 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,244,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrang View Post
In the end there will indeed be a runoff between two of the three, Quinn, DeBlasio, and Thompson. Since the Republicans are all weak candidates, one of the three front running Democrats will win. I think it will be Quinn because she will get the female and gay votes while Thompson and DeBlasio split the black vote.

BTW, I think it was Dante that caused DeBlasio to take off on the polls. He stated the case quite well in the adds and put forth a view of his father that many New Yorkers didn't have before.
NY has gay marriage so I don't think you'll see a huge rally of the gay vote around the openly gay candidate. Quinn might have been better off running in the last election but she was too busy back then kissing bloombucks butt. I think you'll see gay people vote for who they truly like in terms of policy and that could be anyone in that field. FWIW De Blasio seems to have the most progressive platform. Thompson also is super boring and brings nothing new to the table, he's not the kind of guy who's gonna bring new voters to the table. In the end I think De Blasio really rides this late surge to victory in the primary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City